Cruising with an Infant, 1-7 to 1-15 Review on Freedom

Cjess86

Hello! Thank you so much for such a detailed review. We sailed with our son over the summer (he was 22 months at the time) and had a great experience with the nursery too. We are sailing again next month on this same ship. I was curious if you had to have a shore excursion booked through the ship in order to use the nursery during the day? On our Alaskan cruise this summer, they required us to show our tickets. Also, our hours of operation were reduced with closing for lunch/dinner for about an hour each. Were you able to use the nursery and go off ship on your own? Thanks!

There was no problem booking nursery during day even if you did not have an excursion booked with royal and they were not closed for lunch. We booked our horseback riding excursion on our own and were still able to use the nursery with no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much for all the information, I loved reading your review. In May I'll be on Allure with my daughter who will be 12 months old. The information on the nursery was very much appreciated. I noticed you attended trivia a few times, I thought the trivia was normally in a bar area, was your daughter able to attend with you? Thank you so much 😊

We did enjoy the horseback riding tour but again, not that DH is boring, but because of the lack of interaction with our particular guide it might have been more enjoyable in a group. We also both preferred the horseback riding in Puerto Rico that we had done on a previous cruise over this one in St Kitts.

DD was always with us during trivia. We never received even a funny look as we came prepared with a couple of toys or a bottle so she never really was any trouble. We participated in trivia held in the Schooner bar as well as the Star lounge.

We did enjoy the horseback riding tour but again, not that DH is boring, but because of the lack of interaction with our particular guide it might have been more enjoyable in a group. We also both preferred the horseback riding in Puerto Rico that we had done on a previous cruise over this one in St Kitts.

DD was always with us during trivia. We never received even a funny look as we came prepared with a couple of toys or a bottle so she never really was any trouble. We participated in trivia held in the Schooner bar as well as the Star lounge.

Thank you! Glad to know it's ok to bring my baby girl to trivia. Thanks for your response :)

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the great review! My daughter and I are taking a last minute girls’ cruise with my mom next month on this ship and my daughter will be a year old this Thursday. This was extremely helpful!!

Quick question, the bag of toys..was it free? You only had to pay if you lost 1 or all the toys?