7 day Southern Caribbean tips?

jeffwayne12

Hi everyone! We are 2 adults looking for tips for our first time Disney cruise, specifically activities on board and what excursions people recommend. We are leaving on the Magic on April 16th, if anyone else is traveling let us know!

More specifically we have a couple of questions

1) What activities on board are not to miss?

2) What excursions from the different ports do people recommend

3) Is there a Chef table? If so, how can one make a reservation?

4) We want to eat a night at Palo, but don't want to miss out on a wonderful dinner on one of the nights. What would be the best night.

Thanks in advance!

1. Don't miss the main stage shows. They are great for all ages. DCL does entertainment better than any other line I've been on. The "around the ship" entertainment isn't always the best, but the stage shows are.

If there are any special guest performers/lecturers on board, these are also excellent.

4. You can't do Palo without missing something else. You can look up the menus on line and decide which is your "least favorite." We like the signature menus, so won't miss those.

3. There is no chef's table on the Magic or Wonder.

2.I'm too lazy to look up which ports you are hitting.

Edited by moki'smommy

Hi Jeff,

If you can be more specific and list your ports, but also what activities you enjoy doing and which you do not, it would help others answer your questions.

The itinerary's can vary even a little from year to year, and the duration of stay in some ports. Also your interests would be best to know in advance as there is no point in someone mentioning the beverage classes, but you are teetotal, or a beach day when you prefer active days on the islands for example!

But kudos for including a lot more information than a lot of others do!

ex techie

Sunday, April 16, 2017San Juan--5:00 PM

Monday, April 17, 2017At Sea----

Tuesday, April 18, 2017Barbados7:30 AM4:45 PM

Wednesday, April 19, 2017St Lucia7:30 AM4:45 PM

Thursday, April 20, 2017Martinique7:30 AM4:45 PM

Friday, April 21, 2017Antigua7:30 AM4:45 PM

Saturday, April 22, 2017St Kitts7:30 AM4:45 PM

Sunday, April 23, 2017San Juan7:45 AM--

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Read a guidebook on your ports, decide WHAT interests you, and then you can ask HOW to do those things! Many things, like beaches or shopping, don't require an excursion at all! The more you can DIY, the less money you'll need to spend ashore! So...head to your public library and go to the reference section....that's where the guidebooks are! Or you can buy one....but it's time well-spent!

Sunday, April 16, 2017San Juan--5:00 PM

Monday, April 17, 2017At Sea----

Tuesday, April 18, 2017Barbados7:30 AM4:45 PM

Wednesday, April 19, 2017St Lucia7:30 AM4:45 PM

Thursday, April 20, 2017Martinique7:30 AM4:45 PM

Friday, April 21, 2017Antigua7:30 AM4:45 PM

Saturday, April 22, 2017St Kitts7:30 AM4:45 PM

Sunday, April 23, 2017San Juan7:45 AM--

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would recommend browsing the boards on here under "ports of call" for information about excursions in each of your ports. I don't do excursions through the ships because I can usually do something that is the same or better for far less money. I have not idea what you are interested in but I will tell you that the snorkeling is fantastic in St Lucia and in Barbados there is a cheap and great restaurant that will take you out to swim with sea turtles for free (well, included in the $20pp cost). I've never done it but I have heard good things about the railway and catamaran tour in St Kitts. Happy sailing!

Thank you everyone so far that has responded! I really appreciate it, we enjoy a variety of things from beach, to drinks and food, historic sights, animals, you name it! I never even though about going to the library and looking up these things, I'm on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Jeff, we went on this cruise in 2014. We went to all the ports except Martinique.

I wrote a blog about our experience and what we did that you might like to read.

Tallamazon1.blogspot.com

I read the entire trip! Thank you! Some wonderful information especially about the beach and unlimited drinks :)