Chef's Table menu - Allure

I was reading through some of the reviews for Allure on CC today - and someone posted about the Chef's Table. They said they cruised on Oasis in December - then on Allure in January - and the menus were identical. He said the wine pairings only differed by two of the wines.

I had been under the impression that the Chef's Table menus changed frequently - depending on the chef. Evidently this is not the case? We're doing it for the first time on our upcoming March cruise on Allure. We're just doing it once - so even the menu I saw posted from Nov. 2016 (if the same as shown below) sounds good to us! I'm just curious, though, if they really don't differ by ship and aren't changed often.

Hearts of palm

Avocado, tomato champagne vinaigrette

Chateua La Nrthe, Blanc, Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Rhône, France

Sweet Pea Soup

Truffle Poached Quail Egg, Nueske Bacon

Mer Soleil, Chardonnay, Unoaked, "Silver", Santa Lucia Highlands, Californida

Butter Poached Lobster

Cauliflower puree, piquillo pepper, frisee, caviar beurre blanc

William Fèvre, Chablis 1er Cru, Chardonnay, Burgundy, France

Braised Short Rib Ravioli

Horseradish cream, veal glaze

Michale Charlo, Barbera d'Asti, Calamandrana, Italy

Prime Beef Tenderloin

Morel mushrooms, Tuscan kale, smoked garlic potato puree

Sequoia Grove, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, California, USA

"Chocolate Sabotage"

Duo of chocolate mousse, chocolate lava cake, ganache, vanilla ice cream

Dessert martini - Lemon Ginger Cheesecake

Pretty much the same menu that we had on Navigator in September.

Same menu as we had on allure two weeks ago, different wines except the Wagner.

Interesting the chef spoke as if it was his idea, "What I did here was...". "When I prepared this I...". "One interesting thing I did was..."

I was under the impression it was bespoke, but learned during the dinner it was not. There was a couple there who adored it, was their second or third visit that trip. my wife an I were not fan's but it seemed much of the table was. I guess what I'm saying is it's not for everyone but, if it is for you, it's REALLY for you!

Hope it is for you and enjoy!

Same menu as we had on allure two weeks ago, different wines except the Wagner.

Interesting the chef spoke as if it was his idea, "What I did here was...". "When I prepared this I...". "One interesting thing I did was..."

I was under the impression it was bespoke, but learned during the dinner it was not. There was a couple there who adored it, was their second or third visit that trip. my wife an I were not fan's but it seemed much of the table was. I guess what I'm saying is it's not for everyone but, if it is for you, it's REALLY for you!

Hope it is for you and enjoy!

First wine was the same too, my mistake. They are 4 oz pours, they leave the bottle, but take the glasses even if they were full. They snatched all of mine when I was not looking, which was annoying. A post dinner linear of the paired wines is not that uncommon I don't think. Either way use it or lose it.

I would also like to know from any recent Harmony cruisers if this is the same menu for Chef's Table?

The food was all the same on the crossing in October and it was very good. I don't remember all the wines, but we had Caymus with the filet and it was outstanding! And they were quite generous with it. My sisters and I were the last at the table still sipping the last of our Caymus and joking about taking what other diners had left behind. The wine server heard us and brought us each another glass.

if we don't drink wine...how do they handle that? thanks

They don't, everybody pays the same. However, the person next to you will like you very much!!!

We booked the entire CT on the Oasis with one person who doesn't drink. There was no discount for him.

Dined at Chef's Table on the Serenade last week on the Serenade. We had the exact same menu that you posted. The Chef did say that the menu was the same fleet wide. They did ask if anyone needed something different. One of the diners said that they didn't eat beef and that course was replaced with some type of fish. The dinner was amazing.

• 1 year later...