What is the best way to drive to Galveston through Houston on Super Bowl Sunday?

Galleon1234

Thanks for any advice to avoid Super Bowl traffic?

Take the Sam Houston Tollway (Beltway 8) around Houston to I-45 South to Galveston.

Avoid downtown Houston and the South Loop 610 area near NRG stadium at all costs.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Take the Sam Houston Tollway (Beltway 8) around Houston to I-45 South to Galveston.

Avoid downtown Houston and the South Loop 610 area near NRG stadium at all costs.

Enjoy your cruise!

Note that there are portions of the Sam Houston toll way that are EZ tag ONLY. I agree with avoiding 610. I also suggest avoiding 288. If you stick to 45 you should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Note that there are portions of the Sam Houston toll way that are EZ tag ONLY. I agree with avoiding 610. I also suggest avoiding 288. If you stick to 45 you should be good.

Yes, portions of the Sam Houston Tollway are EZ tag only. If it were me, I'd take the Hardy Tollroad south to 610 east and back around to 45 south.

I-45 all the way into Houston will take you very near downtown onto the Pierce Elevated just West and South of downtown before it turns SE again toward Galveston.

If you are coming from the West or North then Loop 610 East is a non toll option.

If you have an EZ Tag or a TX Tag then I'd recommend taking the SRT around. Even if you go through one of the EZ Tag only toll booths without a toll tag they will send a bill to the registered owner of the vehicle and, as long as you pay the bill, no problem.

I-45 all the way into Houston will take you very near downtown onto the Pierce Elevated just West and South of downtown before it turns SE again toward Galveston.

If you are coming from the West or North then Loop 610 East is a non toll option.

If you have an EZ Tag or a TX Tag then I'd recommend taking the SRT around. Even if you go through one of the EZ Tag only toll booths without a toll tag they will send a bill to the registered owner of the vehicle and, as long as you pay the bill, no problem.

I'm going to correct what you said here.

If you are coming from the west on I10 DO NOT take 610 south. Either go north and loop all the way around back to south I45 or take beltway 8 south. Going south on 610 from I10 west will take you directly into the galleria area and by the stadium.

I45 takes you right through downtown and narrows down to a couple of lanes and no matter what time of day or event, it is always slow.

I'm going to correct what you said here.

If you are coming from the west on I10 DO NOT take 610 south. Either go north and loop all the way around back to south I45 or take beltway 8 south. Going south on 610 from I10 west will take you directly into the galleria area and by the stadium.

I45 takes you right through downtown and narrows down to a couple of lanes and no matter what time of day or event, it is always slow.

I said 610 East, not South.

OK, you win, I surrender.

You knew what I meant if you know Houston at all!

I do, because I live here lol. Not trying to win anything at all. Just trying to make a distinction. That section of 610 is hell on any other day of the week. Compound that with an even such as this and it's going to be nuts.