Need advice for excursions in Cozumel

wild1apache

A party of 8- 3 seniors, 3 40's and 1 13 year old and 1 10 year old will be on Royal Caribbean with a stop in Cozumel. Normally, it is easy to plan when you are just 2 people, but when you have a party of 8 (with kids), it's totally different. I like to do excursions on my own so I'm not with 500 other people, but what would be the best way to 1. Find something that everyone will like and 2. Be able to move around together. I know for me, I want to go to Los Cinco Soles shop and possibly Pancho's Backyard, but I know the kids will not want to go shopping. 6 of us would snorkel... Does it make sense to just take a cab over to Chankanaab for a few hours and then go shopping or vice versa? Or is there something that makes more sense?

Chank would be a good option as long as you are okay with the $20 per person admission fee.

Paradise Beach would be my suggestion - $3 admission, great facilities, nice beach and HUGE pool. They offer a snorkel tour fro those interested, and water toys (extra fee) for your teens. Van taxi for all 8 will be about $30+ each way - fares will be posted on a board near the cab line for your pier.

After several hours at the beach you can head to shopping, etc. before returning to your ship.