Travel Agent or Online Booking - which is best deal?

Thanks, been a long battle. Not much to complain about over Thomson holidays but cannot believe such a large company seems to treat their customers so shabbily in these areas. I wonder how many genuine claims fail to reach the payout stage when people just give up in frustration. Nice lititle earner I would suggest.

We have spoken about it in the past, its a delayed flight they say it was 2hrs58mins but that was to touchdown when it should be to doors open, long story, but for that 2mins its 800euros, at this time its gone to arbitration, resolver didn't work for us, but still trying and fingers crossed.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

That's a tough one. We had a six hour delay on a Thomson flight to Malaga several years ago and got nowhere with our claim. Tried one of those firms that claim success in pursuing your case but even they gave up after a few months. Airlines often cite technical problems but I don't know if there is a website that outlines these. If not there should be.

• 2 weeks later...
Finally got our refund this week four months after our Dubrovnik cruise. Thomson totally ignored our complaint during that period but got some immediate action after sending a note to excursion agent Attraction World. Should have done that straight away, learning all the time.

Posted this on Feb 24. A couple of days ago we got a long screed from Thomson on email full of apologies but regretting they could not offer compensation. Hope they don't ask for the money back! :):):)

must be lucky our ta always match online price and no admin fee either, cruise deals will match online price but charge £10 pp now admin fee and you often get thru to a thomson shop anyway

Our TA is amenable to price match without the ridiculous £25 admin charge, otherwise I go online.

If you want to save a few bob - book through TopCashback, they direct you to the Thomsons website where you action the booking as normal.

At the moment it's saying "up to 3%" cashback on Thomsons.

Mind - if you have a Thomsons credit card, no surcharge for using it on the deposit and/or balance.

Every little helps !!!

Edited by WeeCountyMan
spelling