Miami cruise terminal question for the Vista

beachbum53

I've tried doing a search and cannot find the information I'm looking for. Hopefully, someone here has first-hand knowledge and can provide the answer. What time does the Miami terminal open it's doors (for the Vista) to begin the check-in process? Before staggered check-in times was implemented, we typically arrived at the terminal between 10:00 - 10:30, checked in, got seats in the terminal, and chatted with other cruisers while waiting on the boarding process to begin. I read somewhere (can't remember where) that the terminal doesn't open the doors until 11:00 a.m. We have a check-in time of 11:00 a.m., but we also have FTTF. I know that with priority boarding we can arrive earlier than 11:00, but if the doors aren't open, what would be the point? I'd rather relax at the hotel for a little while, contact Uber for a pick up around 10:30, and arrive at the port just shortly before 11:00. Correct, up-to-date information would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you.

The first check in group is 11:00AM so it will be close to that time before they open the doors. If you get there too early, you will need to wait outside. I would stick with your current plan. Then you can wait to board inside until that starts later which could be shortly after you get checked in, or an hour or so.

Just got off Vista on Sunday. My check-in was 11-11:30. By 11:30, I had a zone card (Zone 3, I believe) and was sitting upstairs waiting for them to call the first passengers before 10:45. My aunt and uncle had a later check-in time and they got an earlier zone because they didn't arrive with our group since they drove in. Seems like they weren't adhering to check-in times that day. I've heard that they do, though. We had to return a rental car so we were at the mercy of when their shuttle got us there. We were aiming for 11, but ended up arriving way earlier.

We too just got off on Sunday. We had port arrival time of 11:00 - 11:30 am. We arrived at port at about 10:35 and walked right in through security. There is a seperate entry for the Suite/FTTF/Plat, etc. They were open as well. We too got in, got registered and were sitting in some seats with boarding zone 3 by about 10:45 am. We got onboard with zone 3 before noon.

The first check in group is 11:00AM so it will be close to that time before they open the doors. If you get there too early, you will need to wait outside. I would stick with your current plan. Then you can wait to board inside until that starts later which could be shortly after you get checked in, or an hour or so.

Thanks. Looks like I guessed correctly.