Best 3-4 night cruise for 18 yr old

Scrapninja

I want to take my daughter on a 3-4 night cruise for her birthday. She is turning 18 in August. We live on the west coast. I'm not sure what to do. Leave from LA and go to mexico? Leave from Florida and go to the Bahamas? So many choices. Also, she is handicap so there is no need to pick a cruise based on excursions. The overall cruising and ship experience is what I'm after. And go!

Out of LA choices for 3/4 day cruises are Carnival and possibly Princess. Three day cruises have the same itin--Ensenada and a sea day. 4 day cruises add Catalina, Princess sometimes does Santa Barbara instead of Catalina, maybe San Diego. The two Carnival ships are identical, chose your best day.

The Carnival ships are easier to get around, IMO.

If it's a concern, Carnival uses Roll on/off tenders in Catalina. They're the old Catalina Ferries.

Both Princess and Carnival attract the same type of pax during these short cruises. Think Vegas weekend. Carnival for vibrancy, Princess for more sedate atmosphere.

FWIW we think Carnival does a better job with allergies.