Picture package

Newbie here, I've been following, reading and learning since booking in August and have learned so much.

We are booked on Allure at the end of March for our 30th anniversary. We didn't have a fancy wedding and this is kind of a YAHOO for us!

The photography package offered - is it worth it, do they edit photos to make them special, it almost looked like there may be photo shoots.

Just trying to figure out if the expense is worth it. I really want some special pictures. TYIA :)

Unless things have changed in the last few years:

There will be photographers in lots of places and they will occasionally have backdrops set up. You get your picture taken in front of the backdrops or other interesting locations. There is no editing that I know of. They may clean up the framing of the shot by cropping the photos but that's about it.

They do use quality cameras and they have good lighting setup so the pictures will be good but not amazing. (Amazing requires lots of time and photoshop, or an insane amount of luck, usually all three)

Think sears photos not glamour shots.

That's been our experience at least. We usually purchase a few photos, but we've never felt the need for a package. The photos we did purchase are on our walls though.

I'm sure you will be able to find some really special photos. There's no cost to have the pics taken, just pay for the photos you want. So take lots of photos. It's the mud theory of photography. (The more mud you throw on a wall, the more sticks [emoji2] )