When/where do you check your luggage at Port Canaveral?

clementine01

We sailed out of Canaveral on January 21st and it was a bit of a mess. We arrived about 9:30 and there were crowds everywhere and you couldn't tell who was arriving and who was departing. There was a complete lack of information sign or representatives.

Finally we were able to find out once the bulk of the buses and shuttle vans were gone the luggage crew would grab our bags and throw them on a cart. We got that done and stood in line at the bottom of the staircase and waited for the security staff to start letting people in. About 10:30 we were allowed through and then had a fairly quick check in with the NCL reps.

After that you sit in the world's hardest chair and the place fills up quickly. Finally they start boarding according to Latitudes level. I think we finally made it onboard about 1PM. We headed straight for the customer service desk and got the last two Posh passes!

Are you driving? Not very far from the parking garage. We paid and drove around to where the entrance of the parking garage. We could have driven a few yards down drop off our luggage, however we were early and people were still coming off the ship. So we parked, (early enough we were on the lower level) and walked our luggage over to the porters. The distance walked was maybe half the distance (or less) than a foot ball field.

Thank you. We are parking in one of the nearby parking lots and they will shuttle us to the pier. I was mainly wondering if we would be able to get rid of our luggage prior to going into the terminal building or if we would have to lug it into the building..

You would think after what 2 months they would be doing better?

We have a 9:30 arrival, but it sounds like so does everyone else?

Just upgraded to Haven, but sounds like we may have to wait in the long line before haven benefits kick in?

Any resent Haven guest can comment on what to do, thanks.

Thank you. We are parking in one of the nearby parking lots and they will shuttle us to the pier. I was mainly wondering if we would be able to get rid of our luggage prior to going into the terminal building or if we would have to lug it into the building..

The porters will pick up your luggage as soon as the bulk of the departing crowds are gone. Just look for one of the luggage porters and tell them you have luggage to go aboard.

Good thing because that would be a pain to lug luggage up those long steps!

You would think after what 2 months they would be doing better?

We have a 9:30 arrival, but it sounds like so does everyone else?

Just upgraded to Haven, but sounds like we may have to wait in the long line before haven benefits kick in?

Any resent Haven guest can comment on what to do, thanks.

I wouldn't show up at 9:30...we ended up having to stand next to a dumpster for an hour. Believe me, the chairs in that building are incredibly uncomfortable and our cruise was packed so it was standing room only by the time they allowed boarding.

I'm pretty sure you will get a priority boarding pass when you check in.

Next time we cruise out of Canaveral I won't show up until 11 or 12.

We're sailing on the Epic out of Port Canaveral next weekend. Where/when do you get to check your luggage?

Thanks!

To the right of Building 10 there will be porters and big luggage carts. Drop your bags there and go up the escalators to your left to secuity.

I got there at a little after noon and was up and through security fast. Being on a higher deck there was no line at check in, and being a Silver latitudes member they told me I could walk right on so I was from dropping bag to inside in the air within 20 minutes? Security took the longest but even then was only about 10 or so minutes