Triumph balcony family of 4

MMW37

Cabin selection advice? This will be my husband and my 4th CCL cruise, but our first since having our boys (5 and 2 at sailing). I was planning on a balcony guarantee, but just saw on another site that not all of the balcony rooms allow the twins to convert to a king. We're booking a little late - cruise leaves 4/29 - so I imagine the "best" cabins have been taken. Any categories I should either look for or avoid with a family of 4? Any chance that other travel site was wrong and I will be ok with a guarantee? Thank you all!

Well, you can go to the cruise line booking engine to see what cabins are showing available then go to the site for cabin/deck descriptions. You can see if there is anything "good" left (remember that the booking engine doesn't show everything available only about 10 cabins per deck). Or call Carnival and let them help you and maybe they will have something better than what you are seeing.

The bottom line is if you book guarantee then you get what you get in the end. If it matters that much to you then you may want to go ahead and book the cabin you want from the get go.

Right, I was just hoping for something less cumbersome than clicking on each individual category and room. I didn't see the information about not being able to slide the twins together with 4 in a room on their site, unless I was in the wrong place. Our little guy probably can't sleep in an upper anyways, so maybe it won't be a problem. All we care about is having a normal adult bed and having a place to sit at night while the kids are asleep, so we aren't actually particular about cabin location at all. That's why we've always done guarantees in the past. Are the phone agents trustworthy, or just trying to upsell? Hoping for advice from others who have been on the boat!