Pacific Sun questions

DanFromSyd

Yep tickets arrived yesterday!!!

Still undecided on shore tours... What would eeveryone recomend for Noumea?

Dan

Dan

The couples at our dinner table (aged 20 to 25) recomended "tree to tree adventure", "jet ski" and "motor-trike ride" in Noumea.

Is your nephew getting really excited? (finishing school, christmas and then a cruise) I know my boys would be soooo hyped.

Kazza:)

Dan

The couples at our dinner table (aged 20 to 25) recomended "tree to tree adventure", "jet ski" and "motor-trike ride" in Noumea.

Is your nephew getting really excited? (finishing school, christmas and then a cruise) I know my boys would be soooo hyped.

Kazza:)

Thanks,

apparently you hae to be 13 to do the jetski. so thats out.

Petite train is a possibility, but maybe something a bit more exciting.

I'll check out tree to tree.

I'll see what Brad comes up with..

Yeah he seems to be getting excited... although i think im the most excited, not just for the cruise but the fact that I am having a month off from work so come Dec 23rd I'll be much more relaxed...

Thanks

Dan

If you have never been to Noumea then take one of the quicker guider tours.

If nephew has never travelled it will be fun for him to see french language signs etc and get his passport stamped.

we saw some people who had done the cycling tour and they were exhausted, red and very sweaty.

we just took a cab to the beach as we had been there before.

not sure of ages for tree to tree but that could be fun but not for this vertically challenged gal

Yeah been in training for months...

I have this great excercise... Go to your favourite pub, order a beer and raise the glass to your mouth, place the glass back on the bench, repeat.

Do 35 reps a night...

Yeah Im glad I have 5 days off when we get back... I think ill need to sleep

Congrats on booking your cruise by the way!

Dan

Does anyone remember if you can use the laundry tablets. Somewhere we went you had to put the detergent down a chute and so we were stuck because I had taken the tablets. They are much easier to pack.

Probably is irrelevant anyway because we will be on the Star and it may be different.

You definately can use the laundry on port days, I did, it was about lunchtime when my friend and myself both used the laundry using different machines there was only one other person there and someone else came in as we were leaving with our dry clothes. We just left our clothes to wash by themselves while we had lunch then came back put them in dryer and went and had desert. We then picked them up and dropped inour room then went back to Noumea. This was only on the Nov 20 05 cruise recently. We had tried to do it on a sea day but there was too many people.

Does anyone remember if you can use the laundry tablets. Somewhere we went you had to put the detergent down a chute and so we were stuck because I had taken the tablets. They are much easier to pack.

Probably is irrelevant anyway because we will be on the Star and it may be different.

On the sun, you can buy the powder for $1 for 2 washes.

Hi Dan,

I went on the Pacific Sun in March 2005, it was the best.

No AV in plugs in the TV's (unless they have updated the tv's)

Unless you want to spend a long time washing and drying your clothes either take enough clothes (plus extra) for the whole trip or be prepared to pay for laundry service.

If you havent booked your onshore tours prior to getting on the ship, do it as soon as you can once you get on board - the best ones go straight away and some have limited seating/places (dont wait til the day of the tour to book).

Anyway - have a blast.

- Michelle.

• 2 months later...

I have a couple of qeustions about the Sun:

Firstly in regards to departure, at Darling Harbour can people stand along side the ship to wave goodbye (like at Circular Quay)?

Secondly, I've read a few things on here about bad coffee on P&O UK fleet & Princess ships. What is it like on the Sun? I must have my coffee in the morning but am fussy (only drink Nescafe instant). Do they have hot water to make your own or is it already made? Fifured if they had the water to do your own I could take some sachets with me.

Karen

karmac you will be very happy. they serve nescafe coffee in lovely nescafe plastic mugs.

it is already made and free. I was ok with it. You can buy latte etc at the coffee shop.brewed coffee is served free after dinner in the restaurant.

they also have hot water for tea so you could take some of your own in case you dont like it

I have a couple of qeustions about the Sun:

Firstly in regards to departure, at Darling Harbour can people stand along side the ship to wave goodbye (like at Circular Quay)?

Karen

Karen

People waving you off can't get any closer than about 25 metres from the ship and then you only really see the front of it, too far to throw streamers, one good thing about Pacific Dawn is it will have to dock at Circular Quay too high to go under the bridge.

Thanks, might take some of my own coffee just in case.

And thanks Nigel,sounds like it's probably not worth people hanging around to wave good bye. I thought that was the case anyway, just wanted to check.

Karen

Why not get your family to go on the bridge to see you go under it. Another good spot in the opera house steps, you could get a great photo from there.

The one problem is if they drop you off first they usually have a long wait until you set sail.

We were at the Opera House a couple of weeks before we cruised and when we saw the Sky coming upto the bridge we ran to the end of the Opera House and got some great photos. All the people at the railing made for great atmosphere at the House.

Kerri

When visiting Noumea don't book city tours with P&O. You can do the same tours with the agents with stands in the cruise terminal for about 1/4 of the cost. Noumea is easy to get around anyway so if all you want to do is see the city and then go for a swim don't book a tour, jst walk around the city, lookout etc and then get a cab or local bus to Anse Vata Bay for a swim.

As stated the laundry should be closed on all port days. Washing on holidays is a hassle and the laundromats are hot and stuffy. We did it on Sky but on Sun we just washed our undies, socks etc under the shower and put it in the window to dry. For the bigger stuff we just picked 20 items and used the $25 deal when it was advertised in the Sun Daily.

Archived