Not impressed with Coral Breeze

vikeqn

Leah003, you think you are nervous now, just wait till it approaches! I mean that nicely though. We were very worried and especially worried we were going to miss our ship but the guide had it all under control. I was thrilled to learn that cashews grow on trees in a fruit that looks like a pear with a big bump on the bottom. That single bump is where the cashew is and thinking how many of those have to be picked to just get a can of cashews helped me understand why they are so expensive. As you walk through the rainforest/jungle, it is great having the guide point out all the plants and wildlife. Really a fun trip and remember, if the guide says to lift up your bottom, do it unless you like scraping your bottom on pebbles and such. I have no doubt you will have a great time.

Just got home from our cruise and we were LUCKY enough to get Coral Breeze as tour company for their first ever River Tubing Excursion! Let me say..... WOW! Our entire group is still laughing and talking VERY highly about the trip, tour and kowledge Ivar and Carlos showed us on the trip. I'll be writing up a FULL review on the entire trip and posting it here at Cruise Critic over the next couple of days.

Sincerely,

Allen :)

I am looking forward to your review!!

Belize will be a port of call for our upcoming January cruise and I am first starting to look at excursion possibilities.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I booked a tour with Coral Breeze to Shark Ray Alley in July 05. It was very organized. Everything went exactly as scheduled. Our guide was interesting and safe. It was our favorite excursion and an incredible experience that my family will always remember. I would recommend Coral Breeze to anyone!!!

We had a group of 9 family members, all booked shore excursions with Coral Breezes. The 5 who went on the jungle river tube trip enjoyed the experience and the staff very much. The two who were booked to scuba dive were very disappointed bec. CB canceled their trip and couldn't get them a dive with anyone else (they said.) Not sure why. Those two cruisers ended up using Paradise Air to fly to Ambergis Cay to scuba there. Great time, but pretty expensive.

I didn't enjoy the CB snorkel trip - the boat was overcrowded and uncomfortable. Barely enuf room for people to sit during the fairly long trip from the city to Caye Caulker. Too many people in the water, following the leader for about 1/2 hour over non-descript coral. A few fish, and not much else to see. Then a quick trip to the alley. The "shark" part of the alley was a joke - one shark which appeared for a second, and which two or three of the group actually got to see. The rest of the time - about 15 min.- playing with the rays, which is fun, but I've done that many times in other places and wouldn't have signed up to do again if I'd known that was all it was going to be. Then to Caulker Cay for lunch. No one should want to go there for the beach. The part I saw was dirty, full of sea weed, no lounges or chairs. We DID see a dead rat on the main "street" right outside the restaurant where the lunch was served. Then a bouncing uncomfortable crowded boat ride back to Belize City.

Last year in Belize we did an excursion from the ship, went to a glorious little sandy cay (can't remember the name) and snorkeled from the shore. It was pristine and wonderful. A better value.

Archived