Sailing from Port Canaveral...questions

bhanback

Hi All,

So, sister and I are sailing in less than two weeks from PC. It's a trip with lots of moving parts. We are renting a car at the airport in Baltimore, and leaving my car there. Then we drive to Florida. We are staying overnight at PCFriday, boarding the Magic on Saturday. We have platinum so check intime does not apply.....

1.We need to turn the car in on Mullet road in the port. Are shuttles to the ship running at say, 10 AM or should we plan on cabbing it? I'm assuming it's too far to walk comfortably.

2. On return, we need to get to Hertz for our rental car, are there shuttles to rental car places waiting as we debark or again, do we need a cab?

3. We are headed to the airport eventually but our flight isn't till 5:30 in the afternoon, so I'm thinking of surprising my sister with a trip to Discovery Cove, looks like it's only 15 minutes from the airport. So if we get to the car rental return by say, 2:45, and are in the airport by 3, is that sufficient time to get through everything and to our spot for takeoff?

Thanks for the help, sorry to be such a ninny about all this but I don't fly that often!

Hi All,

So, sister and I are sailing in less than two weeks from PC. It's a trip with lots of moving parts. We are renting a car at the airport in Baltimore, and leaving my car there. Then we drive to Florida. We are staying overnight at PCFriday, boarding the Magic on Saturday. We have platinum so check intime does not apply.....

1.We need to turn the car in on Mullet road in the port. Are shuttles to the ship running at say, 10 AM or should we plan on cabbing it? I'm assuming it's too far to walk comfortably.

2. On return, we need to get to Hertz for our rental car, are there shuttles to rental car places waiting as we debark or again, do we need a cab?

3. We are headed to the airport eventually but our flight isn't till 5:30 in the afternoon, so I'm thinking of surprising my sister with a trip to Discovery Cove, looks like it's only 15 minutes from the airport. So if we get to the car rental return by say, 2:45, and are in the airport by 3, is that sufficient time to get through everything and to our spot for takeoff?

Thanks for the help, sorry to be such a ninny about all this but I don't fly that often!

I would definitely be at the Orlando airport no later than 3 for a 5:30 flight - esp if returning a rental car. It's a very busy airport, and security lines can be long. Sounds like you have a lovely surprise planned at Discovery Cove. There are shuttles for all the major rental car companies to/from the cruise port, so you should not need a taxi. All of them are within a few miles of Port Canaveral. I probably wouldn't try to walk, especially with luggage.

Here is a Shore Trips Map showing the attractions and Port Terminals, rental cars, etc.

Plan about 75 minutes from the Port to the attractions such as Discovery Cove. From the Cove to the airport car drop-off will take about 30 minutes I guess, so you have 2.5 hours for check-in. Should be fine IMO but I know some say 3 hours minimum due to security lines.

Carnival Magic is at Terminal 6 - not walkable as you can see on the map!

Car Rental Shuttles to the Port and back run continuously starting at different times depending on several factors but 10am is about the time for the first ones nowadays. I've seen them depart a bit earlier and I've seen the first shuttle leave at 10:30am. So it depends. Hertz will be waiting when you return.

You can always Uber!

Edited by SteerageJoe

Here is a Shore Trips Map showing the attractions and Port Terminals, rental cars, etc.

Plan about 75 minutes from the Port to the attractions such as Discovery Cove. From the Cove to the airport car drop-off will take about 30 minutes I guess, so you have 2.5 hours for check-in. Should be fine IMO but I know some say 3 hours minimum due to security lines.

Carnival Magic is at Terminal 6 - not walkable as you can see on the map!

Car Rental Shuttles to the Port and back run continuously starting at different times depending on several factors but 10am is about the time for the first ones nowadays. I've seen them depart a bit earlier and I've seen the first shuttle leave at 10:30am. So it depends. Hertz will be waiting when you return.

You can always Uber!

Thank you SO much!

I would definitely be at the Orlando airport no later than 3 for a 5:30 flight - esp if returning a rental car. It's a very busy airport, and security lines can be long. Sounds like you have a lovely surprise planned at Discovery Cove. There are shuttles for all the major rental car companies to/from the cruise port, so you should not need a taxi. All of them are within a few miles of Port Canaveral. I probably wouldn't try to walk, especially with luggage.

Thank You! Maybe move airport arrival back to 2:30 based on your good advice! We should be pretty fast off the ship, so we should have time for a nice relaxing day no matter what!