Cruising on the Sun, question about TV's and DVD players

RamblingMan27

Wondering if inside cabins were equipped with DVD players or just balcony and above? Also, did the TV's have inputs so you could hook a personal DVD player up. Thank you.

When I was on the Spirit last year, there were no DVD players in balcony cabins. Therefore, it's safe to assume that inside cabons don't either.

All I saw for ports on the TV was one 75 ohm terminal for a coax cable.

When I was on the Spirit last year, there were no DVD players in balcony cabins. Therefore, it's safe to assume that inside cabons don't either.

All I saw for ports on the TV was one 75 ohm terminal for a coax cable.

The question was about the Sun and it seams they have added DVD players to many cabins. Balconies for sure.

Thx for info (I will be on the Sun in Jan) but back to the original question.

Does anyone know if other cabins also have DVD players (like insides and non-balcony outsides)?

Having been on the Sun in Dec 2004 - I know there are TVs in all cabins but I don't recollect a DVD player (ours was a superior outside cabin).. BTW we loved the Sun which is why we are cruising on her again.

The Sun was simple compared to the large mega ships I'm used to like the RCI Adventure Of The Seas. The people were nice. Drinks were very expensive. Food was sort of plain except for the alternative dining rooms. I loved my aft cabin. The ship is extremely clean. The shows were about the same as most ships. Comedian is hilarious. Staff was somewhat attentive. I say somewhat cause sometimes you can have trouble getting a drink but that can happen anywhere.

All in all...I enjoyed myself despite losing ports. What can you do. Would I cruise NCL....no. I like the elegance that the large RCI ships have. Its all in what you make of it though. I had a blast just the same.

I know I know....I started my review and its so long winded and reads like a book. Part way through with it.

I cant believe its been a month since we boarded. We are meeting are friends we met cruising and spent all our time with next Friday night in Atlanta where we all live. I canty wait!

When do you go Debbie?

OK....I'll post real soon what I have. Let me look it over again. Like I said it reads my like a trip report than a cruise review. Its a book for sure.

You'll have a great time and I'm sure you are counting the days like I did. Now I'm post vacation depressed :( Trying to plan my next one as we speak. I think it'll be an adventure to Costa Rica in the spring. Been wanting to do that for years.

My wife travels around the world for work as a dog show judge. I come along when she goes to the good places. My brother lives in Europe so I go out to see him to. I also DJ international shows. I'm the token U.S. guy who opens for the big DJ's. I guess you could say we are well travelled. I really dont cruise that much. About every other year. My favorite trip of all time was this year when we went to Bogota. It was so nice and the people were awesome. Nothing like I ever expected.

Archived