FLL Renaissance hotel question??

daneyb

They do not have a shuttle unless they have changed that shortly. But it is not very far from the airport - something like a 15 - 20 $ Cab ride from the airport depending on traffic of course.... To the port from you hotel is about a 5$ cabride. The port entrance is right on the otherside of the road but the distance from the port entrance to the ship will probably be too far to walk with luggage.

Correct, they do not have shuttles. It's a 10 minute cab ride from FLL - about $15 or so... It's just across the street from the entrance to Port Everglades, but it looks like you're on the Legend and Carnival's terminal is at the far side of the port, so it'll be at least a $10 cab ride from Renaissance.

No shuttle from the airport but the cab was like $12 before tip. They had an independent company doing transfers last year from the hotel to the port. Can't remember if it was $4 or $6 pp. You sign up with the tour desk in the lobby and they have a little bus and they pull a trailer where your luggage is.

Susan :)

Renaissance does have a Concierge Shuttle. We rode with Hernan at a cost of $4 pp. We left the hotel about 12:40 and were on the ship by 1:10.

mollyanne

Was there a sign up sheet? Do you recall when the first shuttle left or was it on call?

TrentS

Im driving, so I might keep my car parked at the hotel, I need to call them to confirm that they offer $8pd parking for cruisers. I read that on a tripadvisor review. Do you have any info about that?

TrentS

Im driving, so I might keep my car parked at the hotel, I need to call them to confirm that they offer $8pd parking for cruisers. I read that on a tripadvisor review. Do you have any info about that?

I can't confirm that they will let you leave your car there while on a cruise, but they do charge for parking so I suppose it's possible.

A slightly less expensive alternative to the Port Everglades garages you may wish to consider would be Park 'n Fly... http://www.pnf.com/ftlauderdale/porteverglades.htm

As far as the shuttle goes, in most cases a taxi is cheaper.

Was there a sign up sheet? Do you recall when the first shuttle left or was it on call?

As Susan said below you sign up for the shuttle and the first time was 11 am although in Oct 2004 the first sign up time was 10:30..they us a nice large bus and have a trailer on the back to put the luggage into.

Emmy

Archived