Cave Tubing Awesome!

Iowaflatlander

we just got back from our cruise to the Western Caribbean and I wanted to express how much fun we had in Belize. The tenders were very fast to the port. We had booked with Marvin of Ecological Tours on line. The service was excellant. Carlos, aka. Charlie Chan, was an excellant guide. The group was 14 in number and he drove us to the sight of the caves. As we drove he talked about Belize and the development of the nation. Once we got to the cave tubing areas we hiked to the "jumping of point" into the river. As we walked the trail "Charlie" discussed the plants and animals of the rainforest. My wife wore sandles and I wore water shoes both worked along the trail.

We went through four different caves and "Charlie" made sure we were safe and he kept an eye out for a few of the younger tubers. After the float, we dryed off at the changing rooms and had a nice lunch of barbequed chicken, salad and sweet muffins. We got back to Belize City in time to shop and get a hair braid (my wife, not me). We found prices less on items in Belize than in Costa Maya especially if you go outside of the cruiselines' shops.

Archived