Photo Package?

LakeWobegon

Hello, we received the 50 photo package as part of the promos we have for our upcoming cruise on Escape. Wondering if anyone has tips for making the most of this as we've never really focused on pictures other than the ones we take ourselves. Any advice is appreciated!

Early in your cruise, ask the photo desk to start a folder for your stateroom. When you see one of your photos, place it in the folder, that way you don't have to search for them later.

The photo department is very busy the evening before debarkation. With the free photo package, you can only "check out" once, so do it earlier that day.

Technically for the free photo promo, you are supposed to be in the picture. On "check out", they only counted the 50 photos in my folder and did not look at them. As a favor for some fellow passengers that I met on the cruise, I was able to slip a few of their photos into my folder. This might not work on newer larger ships that no longer display all the photos taken.

Thanks for the input. I could not remember how it worked. But now I remember the photos posted on the walls in the photo center. And I remember one lady oohing and ahhhing over many of them and pushing her finger right onto them as she saw ones she liked - as in one's that were of other cruisers. lol. And yes, we plan to get as many taken as we can without making it a chore! Would be cool if they could do less formal ones as well!

Thanks for the input. I could not remember how it worked. But now I remember the photos posted on the walls in the photo center. And I remember one lady oohing and ahhhing over many of them and pushing her finger right onto them as she saw ones she liked - as in one's that were of other cruisers. lol. And yes, we plan to get as many taken as we can without making it a chore! Would be cool if they could do less formal ones as well!

We had a 23 picture package on the sun last year, and we did funny pictures all the time. In fact the photographers would help us out too.

For example:

bnk_2012.jpg

I also have the 50 photo promo on our April cruise. It states "50 standard photos". What size is the standard? Do they print them all the same size?

Also, I have only sailed Carnival in the past and they put all the pics on the wall and you have to find yours. Is this the way NCL does it also, or do they have the digital system? I'm on the Dawn if that makes a difference. Thanks.

I also have the 50 photo promo on our April cruise. It states "50 standard photos". What size is the standard? Do they print them all the same size?

Also, I have only sailed Carnival in the past and they put all the pics on the wall and you have to find yours. Is this the way NCL does it also, or do they have the digital system? I'm on the Dawn if that makes a difference. Thanks.

We have the 50 standard photos as well and I am def. wondering the size...

When NCL was offering the 50 free photo package last summer, it was for the 8x10 size. You had to choose from the photos on the wall or in your photo binder, meaning they would not reprint anything. At least that was how it was done last summer on the Dawn. You will have a lot of fun choosing from all your photos, just make sure you take enough to look and pick from!

Generally photos taken in the dining rooms or by the ship's gangway exit in port will be 6 X 8.

Photos from photographers that are set up on certain nights around the ship will be 8 X 10.

Both sizes are covered by the free photo promo. Sometimes, they will have your embarkation photo on an 8 X 10 sheet with 3 pictures (1 5X7 and 2 3X5), this counts as 1 of your 50.

The Dawn should have all their pictures displayed on the boards in the photo department.

Here's how the photo package works:

* Package is PER CABIN - meaning that you can't combine different cabins into your package, unless you have underage children (<21 years old) in a different cabin. Note that on some ships photographers will check if you're trying to be smart and use one card for the photos of your whole group and they will let you keep only the photos that are of you and your own immediate family. Basically, you can have any photo you are on.

* No copies are included - if you only took 5 or so photos, you can't make copies of them in order to fill up to 50 photos.

* No special events - group photos, weddings, vow renewals, Perspectives studio etc. Only photos taken during the regular photo operation (dining room, portrait studios, gangway photos etc).

* Digital versions of the photos are not included, however you can pay $20 for USB and get all 50 photos on it.

* No resizing - photos are offered "as is", meaning that whatever is in your binder, that's pretty much how you get it.

* No editing - if you want template removed, that's not going to happen. (see above for "as is" policy).

Most of the ships now have binders that will have your photos there - just tell photographers your cabin number and you can see your photos in a single location later! Much better than hunting for your photos all over the place!

This is great. Thanks. I was wondering about the portrait studio - if it was included. I suggested to my wife that we just a family photo, Christmas photo, etc. taken then and there and be done with it. Plus we might then hope to get to 50 photos. If we don't, I won't be outraged - lol - but might as well take advantage of it.

This is great. Thanks. I was wondering about the portrait studio - if it was included. I suggested to my wife that we just a family photo, Christmas photo, etc. taken then and there and be done with it. Plus we might then hope to get to 50 photos. If we don't, I won't be outraged - lol - but might as well take advantage of it.

They have some plain backgrounds that would work for a family photo or Christmas photo.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2376089&page=16 post 319 is the picture we used for our Christmas card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For something different, you can ask the photographer to shoot your photo session in Black and White.

John, current lineup on N. EPIC has black and white studio every night. It is usually one closest to Photo Gallery and they print photos in both color and b/w, but you can also always ask for ANY of your photos to be printed in b/w :)