Passport #'s for Personalizer? (2nd attempt)

pudy68

Here's my original question, which never made it into a legit thread. Not sure how that happened....

Since I've never cruised with Princess before, I just want to make sure that once I start my Personalizer stuff, I can go back and fill in missing info, like passport #'s. I want to get my info in since we are at 82 days out, and I need my DH to get the passports out of the safe. Can I start without this info, or will it give me an error message?

Thanks!

Pudy:

You can go into the personalizer and complete & save things - it doesn't have to be fully completed at the same time. You will get an error message but whatever info you've input will remain.

I just went through this today so I know it will work - just remember to "save" at the end of each page.

By the way, if you are flying home immediately after the cruise, you still need to enter your "post-cruise" address. Maybe you can use your own address as U.S. citizens, but as Canadians Princess advised me to enter "Sapphire Princess - Santa Clarita" and the appropriate zip code. This way the immigration page was accepted.

Cheers!

Rob

Pudy:

Would make sense to me but then again, we're not citizens. Might be worth a call to Princess just to double check. Nobody wants to have immigration/customs hassles if they can be avoided!

Rob

p.s. You can leave any left-over money in OUR safe if you want....promise I'll look after it REALLY WELL!!!!!

:) Just an FYI - you don't even have to enter your Passport number for the PIF to read "Complete". I was kind of nervous about this because I procrastinated and didn't get my renewal passport (with a new number) until 11/09 for my 11/26 sailing. But it said "Complete" when I filled in all my other info like address, credit card, and emergency contact. This is probably because US citizens can use their drivers license/birth certificate to go to Mexico, so a passport isn't a requirement (though I am guessing a passport is needed for Canadians).

-M

You can fill out your passport info later.

You dont need to use your friend's address, just fill in your own address will work.

I never fill out my credit card information on the website - all it took is 2 minutes at the check-in counter for the staff to scan your credit card.

I tried many times to complete our PIF. For some reason my husband's and mine showed different required fields. I completed all fields on both forms and was issued an error message.

Finally I called Princess and gave them the information over the phone. I can view the info that I provided on the form in the Personalizer. However, it still shows that the PIF is incomplete.

There must be some kind of a glitch or problem with these forms. As far as I am concerned they have the info required. We'll see what happens when we board the ship.

There must be some kind of a glitch or problem with these forms. As far as I am concerned they have the info required. We'll see what happens when we board the ship.

Not a big deal. The worst it can get is just to give the information one more time at the check-in. Probably an additional 10 minutes, if that much, with passports in hand.

Pudy:

I think it is pre cruise info they need not post cruise. You fill that out on the ship when you arrive back to USA.

If you are flying in on day of cruise use the name of ship and port for the zip code I just used 99999 it worked ok.

I just filled out the Personalizer. The pre/post cruise address section seems to apply only to those using a VISA. Since I supplied passport info, I left that address section blank and had no problems.

When I was trying to fill out the "CRUISE PREFERENCES" section, which asks you questions about robes & soda, it wouldn't let me click on my husband's name. It displayed "US & CA residents only". Well, I went back and triple-checked the personalizer info for him, and everything is correct, so I'm guessing it's a little glitch. Hopefully, since I chose a robe, they'll bring him one, too! He loves using robes!:D

Archived