Earliest disembarkation times off the Getaway and Escape with non-walk off

If you do not use the easy walk off, what is the earliest time you have gotten off the Getaway or Escape in the Miami port? If we put our luggage outside our cabin the night before and have a priority disembarkation time (one of the first times), what time should we get off? We have a 1130 flight departure from MIA.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thx.. So...if we do the walk off, we could be at the Miami airport early....by 8am. If we don't do the walk off -- perhaps we could arrive to the Miami airport between 9:30 to 10:00. Unless Murphy's law enters....

We did it today on the Escape and were in Fort Lauderdale airport by 9:50am if that helps...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow - to FLL that early off one of the bigger ships!! I take it you did Self Walk Off ... What type of transportation did you use and what was the size of your group?? TIA [emoji41]

Just off Escape today. We are Platinum Latitudes so we had yellow tags and were in the first group after walk off. We left our cabin at 8:15 and we're at MIA around 9:20 or so, more than plenty of time for our 11:30 am flight.

Just for reference, we walked off Escape Saturday February 11th at 7:25 am. At Miami airport at 8:05 am. 9:30 flight, we made it with time for coffee and bathroom break!

Quite impressive! Just curious. How were you confident in booking that early? From previous experience, or with travel insurance, or others?

Just off Escape today. We are Platinum Latitudes so we had yellow tags and were in the first group after walk off. We left our cabin at 8:15 and we're at MIA around 9:20 or so, more than plenty of time for our 11:30 am flight.

Sounds good. Great timing.

Wow - to FLL that early off one of the bigger ships!! I take it you did Self Walk Off ... What type of transportation did you use and what was the size of your group?? TIA [emoji41]

We were a group of seven. We did self carry, but left at the time they were calling the first two colors (took a little longer to pack in the morning :-)). We had a car at the port and drove to drop off half the group at FLL and then the rest of the group continued on to their destination. It was a very easy process.

Quite impressive! Just curious. How were you confident in booking that early? From previous experience, or with travel insurance, or others?

Pretty confident. Nassau to Miami is a quick trip, so the Escape is rarely late. We had travel insurance, but the key is having everything electronic done as soon as you can (boarding passes, TSA precheck, custom forms 100% and in hand). Miami is also a great port, efficient and all business. I would never try this with some other ports.

Thx.. So...if we do the walk off, we could be at the Miami airport early....by 8am. If we don't do the walk off -- perhaps we could arrive to the Miami airport between 9:30 to 10:00. Unless Murphy's law enters....

I think that's realistic. But, everything has to be aligned, and most people don't want to chance the unpredictable. I always allow some expectation for the worst. But, in all of our travels, we always get home!.

Pretty confident. Nassau to Miami is a quick trip, so the Escape is rarely late. We had travel insurance, but the key is having everything electronic done as soon as you can (boarding passes, TSA precheck, custom forms 100% and in hand). Miami is also a great port, efficient and all business. I would never try this with some other ports.

I now understand. Thanks for sharing.

Just for reference, we walked off Escape Saturday February 11th at 7:25 am. At Miami airport at 8:05 am. 9:30 flight, we made it with time for coffee and bathroom break!

Hi Jim - sounds like we are taking the same flight! Can you tell me what time you got in line and where? Does Miami airport have curbside luggage check? Thanks so much!

Hi Jim - sounds like we are taking the same flight! Can you tell me what time you got in line and where? Does Miami airport have curbside luggage check? Thanks so much!

We got in line in the Manhattan Room, Miami airport did not offer curbside luggage. We fly American, perhaps another airline does. We got in line to get off the ship at 7:15 am. Good luck, enjoy the Escape and your cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

By the way, we put our luggage out the night before disembarkation -- and walked off the Escape at 8:15 and were at the Miami airport by 9:00am. Disembarkation and customs were very smooth. Thank you all who responded for your vote of confidence in the timing! Hope it continues for future weeks....

By the way, we put our luggage out the night before disembarkation -- and walked off the Escape at 8:15 and were at the Miami airport by 9:00am. Disembarkation and customs were very smooth. Thank you all who responded for your vote of confidence in the timing! Hope it continues for future weeks....

So glad the timing worked out!.