A wrap-up of today...

solita

Well, the tendering went way better than I thought today! There were 4 boats running continuously. The ships were very close to shore and tender time only took about 10 minutes from loading time to off loading. I went over to the Triumph and it was a breeze to get on and off the ferry, even for those with limited mobility. All the tour operators are located to your left when you get off the ferry. All have signs and are easy to spot. Princess and Carnival will be tendering into Puerta Maya starting tomorrow. All others will be going into the fiscal downtown pier.

It was so wonderful to see the ships pulling in...I got goosebumps as I´m sure many did. There were lots of cheering people, music and TONS of smiles.

I just want to say thank you to all those folks who are coming down to Cozumel. We all welcome you!

Hi! I will (hopefully) be visiting Cozumel on December 8th, coming in on the Voyager of the Seas. I noticed the Explorer (same size ship), who was supposed to be in Cozumel with us, will not be stopping in Cozumel now. Just curious who makes the call as to what ships are able to return in the next few weeks/months: someone in Cozumel, or reps from the cruise line?

Caro,

We've been thinking of all of you and hoping that it would go well. Glad to hear it did! It has been so wonderful to hear the posters from Cozumel welcome us back. It means a lot to many of us!

It will be great to get reports from all the cruisers when they get back from their trips. With the effort everyone in Coz has been making, I'm sure everyone will have a wonderful time!

We are hoping to visit you 1/4/2006 on our Enchantment cruise.

Until then...

Solita- Is Fat Tuesday's at the Carnival pier? If not what bars/restraunts are at the pier. I appreciate any help. Thanks!

There was Fat Tuesday's at the Carnival pier (Puerto Maya?) but it looks to have taken it kind of tough. but there is a Fat Tuesdays downtown also!

Solita- Is Fat Tuesday's at the Carnival pier? If not what bars/restraunts are at the pier. I appreciate any help. Thanks!

Fat Tuesday´s is open at Puerta Maya...well, the Swingers Bar portion of it is. They also have tables setup on the beach area just to the right of the Swingers Bar. They were going full blast today!

Caro, I heard from a tour operator on the island that the times for the Legend this week have been shortened...they will call on Cozumel from 8am to 4pm. Can you confirm?

Thanks,

Lisa :)

That is what I heard from them. Not exactly sure why they are leaving so early???? But there is still enough time to have a blast down here. See you soon Lisa!

Caro,

We've been thinking of all of you and hoping that it would go well. Glad to hear it did! It has been so wonderful to hear the posters from Cozumel welcome us back. It means a lot to many of us!

It will be great to get reports from all the cruisers when they get back from their trips. With the effort everyone in Coz has been making, I'm sure everyone will have a wonderful time!

We are hoping to visit you 1/4/2006 on our Enchantment cruise.

Until then...

Thank you so much for your kind words. I must admit, not only did I have a few tears in my eyes when the first ship pulled in...my checks hurt at the end of the day from smiling so much. I couldn´t help it...it was so great to see the streets back to "normal"!!!

I can't wait to be there on Dec. 21st. Glad to hear you are ready and open for us.

Wow...you are going to be here on my birthday! Did you know that I am ordering especially good weather for that day? And yes, the island is sure ready for you guys!

I'll be there in May as well. How is the shopping area of Puerta Maya? Was it badly damaged and if so how has recovery been?

Today about 60-75% of the stores at Puerta Maya were open. My favorites both were...Los Cinco Soles and Rocks n Rags.

Archived