GTY Mini Suite on Escape and E-docs

MMOMOM

So we just booked this 2 days ago and I've been able to do Online Check in and book a couple of shows. The site says E-docs are available after paid in full and completing Online Check in. It says I've completed it 100% and the cruise is paid in full (was even able to pay gratuity online), but nothing on the E-docs. Wondering if maybe it's because the cabin hasn't been assigned yet? Also, what is anyone's experience on when cabin is assigned? I've done GTYs on RCI and Holland and gotten assigned fairly soon after I've booked. We're 35 days out from sailing and just curious what others may have experienced. Thanx!

no e-docs until 30 days before departure. Then the button will appear.

Thanx for the response ... okay, that makes sense. The ncl site was a little 'touchy' so just wanted to make sure. Thanx again!

Nancy is right. I was a bit nervous as well, and at the 30 mark the "e-docs" tab appeared.

You will have an awesome cruise. NCL does a great job!👍

Thanx Nancy! Have you cruised NCL a lot? We have cruised many other lines, but only once before on NCL and we didn't do a GTY that time, plus it was further out. I don't remember when we got the docs available. That was on the Epic. We weren't crazy about the ship, but other than that had a very nice time ... no complaints on NCL. So, I think I'm pretty much all set ... paid in full, gratuity also paid, online check in done and booked a couple of shows. Just have to wait for cabin assignment and docs. We passed on the drink package and figure we'll play Specialty dining by ear. We've always been fine with the Complimentary dining. Someone in one thread did say that sometimes there is a complimentary show at the Supper Club, but have to wait till boarding to book, so I'll be aware of that and check on it when we board. I've heard so many great things about the Escape and we're really looking forward to this trip! Appreciate your response ... thanx again! :)

So we just booked this 2 days ago and I've been able to do Online Check in and book a couple of shows. The site says E-docs are available after paid in full and completing Online Check in. It says I've completed it 100% and the cruise is paid in full (was even able to pay gratuity online), but nothing on the E-docs. Wondering if maybe it's because the cabin hasn't been assigned yet? Also, what is anyone's experience on when cabin is assigned? I've done GTYs on RCI and Holland and gotten assigned fairly soon after I've booked. We're 35 days out from sailing and just curious what others may have experienced. Thanx!

We booked GTY last year for our cruise on Getaway. Even after edocs appeared, we didn't have a cabin assignment, so it just had a general tag. We got our assignment about 5 or 6 days before sailing, so we printed tags at that point. Good news was that we got a Spa Mini Suite for our balcony GTY. Just hold tight!

Thanx NancyW12 and happyscmom! Appreciate the replies. So happyscmom got a spa suite, huh?!! Good for you ... never had one of those, how was it? I'm not too concerned as I've heard that sometimes you don't get assigned till really late. Just so happens that the times I have booked a GTY I did get assigned pretty soon after I booked. Someone told me the later the better for a chance at an upgrade. Never got an upgrade, just the JS on RCI and a Regular Suite on the others .... so who knows, maybe this is our lucky time!! LOL! ;) Doesn't matter as long as we get assigned a Mini Suite. Before I booked I did an online chat with ncl asking about gtys and obstructed views, but she told me there are none, so I went ahead, took her word for it and did it. Here's hoping she was right! We are excited about this trip and getting as much done as we can as soon as we can! Thanx again for your response. BTW, people here on the Norwegian Board are very nice! :)