Concierge Class - Groups - Some in Concierge and some not

scarlet4897

I'm an experienced cruiser but never on Disney. Now that DH and I have two small children we're considering Disney. I've been doing my research and we definitely want Concierge. My concern is that if my in-laws come with us and don't want to pay for Concierge, is that going to be a huge problem??

Anyone have tips for when some cruisers in your group have concierge and others do not?

I suppose it depends on your definition of "a huge problem." Non-concierge guests are technically not entitled to the benefits of a concierge booking--they cannot enter the concierge lounge, they are not supposed to board with the concierge guests who board first, etc. However, reality is that they can and often do "piggyback" onto some services with their concierge level family members. For example, if you wish to do "adult only" dining and include the in-laws, the shoreside concierge will book this reservation for the 4 of you. If you wish to do an excursion and include them, the shoreside will do their booking at the same time as yours. However, if they opt to do something on their own, shoreside concierge will not book that for them. If you wish to book a cabana on Castaway, it is totally up to you who is permitted in your cabana. And if your reservations are linked, they will be seated with you at dinner--thus will be guaranteed whatever rotation/dining time you choose. Reality--they are not permitted to wait with you in the concierge area prior to boarding, but given that they are only one cabin, nothing is likely to be said if they board with you. They can visit in your cabin at any time. They cannot attend the concierge reception(s) or visit the concierge lounge.

Provided it is only one cabin, the concierge staff both shoreside and on board will essentially make you happy provided your wishes don't violate any specific policies. Thus, they will to a limited extent serve the other cabin as well.