Star-Tea making + wine list.

ludditeluddite

Sparkling wine is not offered at meal times. With e Silver Spirits package or "pay as you go" I would think you could get it.

There is no kettle in the cabin, only the coffee maker in cabins above a certain level. There may have been tea pods but we didn't use any of them so we didn't look.

We had amazing experiences with room service coffee. After about three days on the Star, I remembered there was 24 hour room service and that we were not limited to the times on the breakfast menu doorhanger.

It took me about 10 minutes to go get coffee from the cafe. Room service consistently delivered regular, decaf, two different juices and milk in 10 minutes or less. The coffee was excellent. We could have made a standing order to have coffee delivered at the same time everyday but I wanted flexibility to sleep. I even ordered at 4am on disembarkation day. It always arrived hot and the order was always right.

We are tea drinkers at home and a bit particular about our tea brewing.

The coffee maker in the room is one of the pod things - I didn't even look to see if they had a tea pod as I tried that once at a hotel and it was horrid.

The tea on board varied quite a bit. At the restaurant (and, I think, the buffet service) it was a bag with a small metal pot and china cup, acceptable but not great. The tea available all of the time at the buffet (self-service bags with hot water) was barely drinkable. The tea at the Wintergarten (during tea service in the afternoon) was good but, as I remember, they only had 2 black teas and I didn't care for one. Tea in the Wintergarten is loose leaf and brought in a china pot with a strainer. The best (always available) we found was a bagged tea that seemed to be available only at the bar in the Atrium so we went there for our cups. The bar also had good coffee so we sometimes had a latte instead. Herbal teas are also available everywhere. Enjoy!

We were on Viking Star a few weeks ago and we are regular tea drinkers, especially early morning and late afternoon. we utilised the 24 hr room service and it was very efficient. We took our own preferred tea bags (decaf Early Grey) and ordered a pot of hot water and milk. Whilst the water was clearly not boiling as we made the tea, it was still very hot and steaming as they are served in thermos jugs. You could even take loose tea and tea pot if you wished and brew your own.

We took our own tea bags and made tea with the coffee maker in the Stateroom. You can get boiling water out of the machine, without the coffee capsule :D Ask your steward to explain it to you. J