Sun Quads

debbiewp

Does anyome know the room arrangement of the quads on the Sun Princess? Our booking info lists 1 twin/1 sofa/2 upper twins. Have been in quads on Star, Grand and Golden and have never had a "sofa'' What's that all about? Thanks

Debbie

Debbie: We’ve been in the Sea & Dawn Princess quad balconies (Aloha Deck) and what you get is really two (2) twins against the wall with a fold down upper bed above each twin. In the balcony quads the door to the balcony is at the head of the beds between the lower twins. One of the lower twin beds is referred to as a “sofaâ€, but it’s a twin bed. The Emerald Deck quads are probably similar (since there’s not much room to do anything else). Hope this helps.

Ranger, thanks for the info on the quads, can you tell me if there is a shelf or table at the head of the lower beds to put stuff (glasses, books,etc) on? We are on the Sun Princess Sep 28 thru Panama Canal, first time with a balcony, but 4th on Sun class ship.

Marie

We sailed on the Sun Princess through the Panama Canal in one of these rooms. I can tell you there was no twin beds in the room at all. There was this so called sofa that we had to use to store our luggage because all the beds folded out of the wall. When we walked into the room I thought it was a closet. These rooms are nothing at all like the triples/quads on the Grand type ships. This room just about ended us on Princess but thankfully we tried the Grand and found that not all ships are alike in their rooms. So do be aware that there will most likely not be twin beds in your room since there certainly weren't in ours. I also have a friend who sailed on the Dawn Princess just this past December in two of these rooms and found them to be the exact same set up as what we had. She was just about in tears because she had no idea. Wish I would have met her before the cruise. From what I understand the inside rooms aren't set up like this, just the balcony cabins for the 3/4 set up. It is a very small room and narrow. So just be aware of this. We haven't gone back to these ships because of this. Next time I will definitely book a mini suite if our daughter is with us.

We loved the cruise and ports but didn't care for the room.

Have a great cruise.

Hulagirl

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;7;8;19;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Grand Princess Baltic Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;4;3;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Star Princess Eastern Caribbean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;9;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Diamond Princess Northwest Cruise

I've been looking into a 10day cruise on the Sun/Dawn and have found that for the 4 of us (dd 9 and 11) we will have to book 2 insides or 1inside and 1 window. Will NOT book a balcony because I do not like the fully enclosed small balcony they have. I looked into a mini-suite and they only take 2pps. Somebody messed up on the design of these "sun" class ships when booking families.

RCCL Radiance

Princess Ocean, Dawn, Star(old one)

Carnival Paradise

Hollard New Amsterdam

Marie:

Like I wrote, ALL the beds folded out of the wall. No we didn't sleep on a cot! These are not comfortable for adults at all. They are similar to the beds that do fold out of the wall for the third person on the larger ship, but all the beds do this. When you walk into the room all you see if this very narrow couch like thing with a bedspread on it and that is it. When the things are folded out of the wall it leaves a very narrow area to walk through. With only one chair in the room there is no place to sit because you have to put all your things on this bed. I can't imagine how horrible it would be with 4 people in one of these rooms. The bathroom is so incredibly small also.

Definitely, don't book one of these rooms. Like the last poster said, they really messed up when they designed these rooms.

Hulagirl

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;7;8;19;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Grand Princess Baltic Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;4;3;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Star Princess Eastern Caribbean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;9;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Diamond Princess Northwest Cruise

We don’t think these quad rooms are quite that bad. icon_smile.gif We have been in these rooms twice, with 2 adults and 2 teens. Heck, we even did the Norwegian Sea and Norwegian Sky quads! icon_smile.gif

We left both of the lower beds down and put our luggage under them. It’s definitely tight with 4 people, but we made it work. Although, since the wife found how nice the Grand Class mini-suites are, I probably couldn’t get her back in one of these Sun Class quad rooms!

icon_wink.gif

Thanks Ranger, we will have to suffer through it I guess. There will be 3 of us in the room, I have a feeling the beds are similar to the ones we have had on Royal Princess, and we managed that 3 times. For the price we paid as cruise affiliates I think we can manage for 15 days.

Marie

Sun Princess 1996

Royal Princess 1997

Royal Princess 1998

Sea Princess 1999

Royal Princess 2000

Crown Princess 2001

Ocean Princess 2002

Star Princess 2003

Sun Princess 2004

Archived