Options with First Night Done Right, on the Allure

miyanc

We are booked for the Allure on 4/30 and purchased the First night done right. I have read in a few areas that you could get on the ship and pick your restaurant. I understand they may choose, at random, a location for you. I believe I will be able to change time or restaurant, but just read that they only gave 2 options (I believe giovanni or samba). I am now thinking that it may be ship specific or even vary from cruise to cruise.

Thanks to all especially bob, in advance.

I've read other posts that people have gone to chops. The cruise line will book a reservation, but it seemed to me you could change it.

I bought this, but cancelled in order to see Mama Mia at 8

We are booked for the April 30th sailing as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked Royal Caribbean via twitter and they said any specialty restaurant is eligible for First Night Done Right. I've read reviews from others mentioning their First Night Done Right experiences and they weren't limited to Giovanni's or Samba.

I've read other posts that people have gone to chops. The cruise line will book a reservation, but it seemed to me you could change it.

I bought this, but cancelled in order to see Mama Mia at 8

We are booked for the April 30th sailing as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally we did the same thing. Had momma Mia the first night and had planned on the 3 night dinning package. I read somewhere they usually offer a BOGO the first night, so the plan was to get on, get to a special restaurant and book the BOGO, be early and get out in time to get to mama mia.

In the end we said we would get the early discount on giovonni$21, and do the fndr for 30$ and eat at MDR the rest. Which is $ 102, instead of 85x2 plus BOGO or even fndr. So over 230$. That means less of a deal and more overall money. Besides my wife's 40th is on the 2nd so I moved momma Mia to then.

I asked Royal Caribbean via twitter and they said any specialty restaurant is eligible for First Night Done Right. I've read reviews from others mentioning their First Night Done Right experiences and they weren't limited to Giovanni's or Samba.

This is why I was kind of asking specifically about the allure and fndr. Either way I will be getting on board and pushing the issue. We wanted chops the first night.

Had first night done right for both weeks of our b2b cruise, and you can not use it at chops. I even got it booked at the stand outside mdr the second week , But when we got to chops, they said we couldnt use it. We went to giovannis instead.

Originally we did the same thing. Had momma Mia the first night and had planned on the 3 night dinning package. I read somewhere they usually offer a BOGO the first night, so the plan was to get on, get to a special restaurant and book the BOGO, be early and get out in time to get to mama mia.

In the end we said we would get the early discount on giovonni$21, and do the fndr for 30$ and eat at MDR the rest. Which is $ 102, instead of 85x2 plus BOGO or even fndr. So over 230$. That means less of a deal and more overall money. Besides my wife's 40th is on the 2nd so I moved momma Mia to then.

what do all those abbreviations mean?

On the Oasis last month, we embarked, went to our stateroom and giovanni's called to our room to confirm a reservation, I told him we were planning to go to chops. Went down there and made a reservation for 6.30, told him we'd use the FNDR and it was no problem (If it would have been I wouldn't have booked it in the first place).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It make me nervious that it seems 50/50. Not sure why it isn't common knowledge. Even if it varies, state that and include " only on this ship or that or limited availability" or anything. When we called the rccl person acted like we were making it up, no clue what it was we were asking.

Just off Allure today and also bought the first night online for $15 ea (bought 7 of them, for our whole group)

after we boarded we went to Solarium Grille for lunch ( which is Samba at night) and found out we were booked there for dinner. Also found out that the ONLY choices we had was Samba or Giovanni's . Actually went to Chops and tried to move it there and they also confirmed we only had the two to choose from. We went to Giovanni's and had one of the best meals of the whole cruise. Did Chop's on the last night and it was ok, food was good but the service was not, took way to long to get through dinner, just short of 3 hrs. service was real slow.....