Victory cabins...

lmf24lmf

I'm excited about the current sale, and looking to book for next April .... I'm a little confused about the differences between the different categories of balconies and suites on the Victory. Any feedback on any if these room categories?

Thank you very much

Balcony:

Your typical standard balcony cabin found on most Carnival ships, with the exception of the Fantasy class. (Note, the last one or 2 standard balcony cabins are turned sideways and have a small hallway stretching to the room from the main hallway... these are referred to as "L-shaped balconies" by people on this board. These are the same price as standard balconies, and may possibly be slightly smaller, but the balcony is longer than the other standard cabins.)

Aft-View Extended Balcony:

These cabins face the ships wake. These cabins are also the same size, or in some cases slightly smaller, but have larger balconies than standard cabins. A lot of people like the aft view, which cause the price of these cabins to be slightly higher priced (and sometimes sell out very quickly).

Premium Vista Balcony:

These are the 6 cabins on the aft corners of the boat. There are sometimes referred to as aft-wraps as the balconies start on the side of the ship and wrap around the back corner. These ones are much more expensive than regular balconies due to very limited supply (only 6 on the ship). Many people like these better than the next category (Ocean Suite).

Ocean Suite:

Bigger than a regular cabin, plus a larger balcony than standard balcony cabins. Ocean Suites also have a walk-in closet and bathtub with whirlpool jets.

Grand Suite - Bigger than Ocean Suites, larger balcony, and also has a dressing area with vanity. These rooms are all on deck 7 (Empress) mid-ship.

The two suite categories allow you to have early check-in, but Carnival doesn't have hardly any more perks for suite guests than this.

Thank you so much for such a comprehensive explaination. I was not finding very much info and now I feel so informed.

Have you ever cruised in one of this vista level cabins before?

Not yet.... I am actually booked on an upcoming Victory cruise in one of the L-shaped balconies just next to the Vistas.... The Vista cabin next to mine is open, but I haven't really decided to pull the trigger on spending $380 more for a 4-day cruise, as we have a larger balcony already. If it was a 7-day for that price difference, I would probably do it.

However, there are many posts in other threads by others that absolutely love them.

How about the two jr suites on the ship. I read one review about noise on the deck beside the window?

Those are the two cabins at the front corners of the ship on deck 9. They are very similar to the ocean suites in that they have a dressing area... However, they have only a standard cabin balcony. The window to the side of the balcony door is angled toward the front of the ship and faces a public deck. The noise complaints would be due to the fact that this front deck is one of the public spaces on the ship.

The front deck on level 9 happens to be the rooftop of the bridge of the ship, so many several people will be right outside those jr suite cabins on the very edge of the ship to admire the view / take pictures down the side of the ship, as the bridge has "wings" over the side of the ship.