I bid on a $100.00 off coupon

dberg1

On Ebay. I paid about $1.25 for it.

If our trip is paid for, what do you think the chances are of me contacting our travel agent and telling her we now have $100.00 voucher and getting either $100.00 credited back or a ship board credit?

For a $1.25 I wasn't too worried if it wouldn't work.

If our trip is paid for, what do you think the chances are of me contacting our travel agent and telling her we now have $100.00 voucher and getting either $100.00 credited back or a ship board credit?

Did you use any other discount? My husband is military and you cannot combine that discount with the coupon. Also my daughter lives in MI and for some reason people there got a discount, so they wouldn't be able to use it.

What does the fine print say? As noted above, it probably is not combinable with other promotions and discounts and is good for new bookings, not existing ones.

Those are the "easy" restrictions.

Others might include being good for a certain number of days cruise, being good for certain sailings only or even certain cabin categories.

That's all assuming it is a coupon from Carnival and not from a seller of travel.

I have often called the cruise line to say "I am holding a coupon in my hand that says___________. Can I use it?" There are just so many of them out there it's hard to know.

Hopefully there's a "rate code" on it someplace that means something to Carnival and is something your Travel Agent can work with to get you something for it. If not for your current cruise than for a future one.

Good luck!

What does the fine print say? As noted above, it probably is not combinable with other promotions and discounts and is good for new bookings, not existing ones.

Those are the "easy" restrictions.

Others might include being good for a certain number of days cruise, being good for certain sailings only or even certain cabin categories.

That's all assuming it is a coupon from Carnival and not from a seller of travel.

I have often called the cruise line to say "I am holding a coupon in my hand that says___________. Can I use it?" There are just so many of them out there it's hard to know.

Hopefully there's a "rate code" on it someplace that means something to Carnival and is something your Travel Agent can work with to get you something for it. If not for your current cruise than for a future one.

Good luck!

If it is the Entertainment book coupon for $100 off, you are supposed to use it at time of booking. Coupon is not good on certain category cabins (I could not use ours on a 9A) and I dont think they will give you shipboard credit for it. I would call TA and ask them if you are able to use it..you never know. I mailed my coupons out to fellow CCers and will have 2 more to mail out after our December cruise in 2 1/2 weeks!!

Slim to none.

No, sorry, it is only for NEW bookings. If you know you're TA well, they might be willing to apply the coupon to another couple who just book, non past guest or military discount... and give you the $ off, or split it with a new booking couple. (yes officially against the rules but some may be willing, never hurts to ask).

I have three of these coupons, as I've stated before and would be happy to mal them to anyone (our past guest discounts are always better or theupgrade is equal). Plus you must have a 6a or above (ocean view).

plus I have NCL $200 per stateroom for 8 nights or $100 per 7 night, they're in the entertainment book in '06 pages D71 and 73.\

carol

oh, don't just cancel and re-book with out clearing it first with the TA, youu may be locked out from that as well... they really mean, freah new bookings. works well for first time CCL pax.

carol

nimbex I will take a coupon if you are willing to give them away. I always just try for the cheapest oceanview but if will help me get abetter cabin for the same price that would be awesome.

please email me if you are looking to unload one of the Carnival coupons. (I hate to beg but you offered)

vtoria at gmail.com

Thanks so much

I talked to our TA and she said that it is only for super saver discount or full fare cabins. Like others have said, my past px rate was cheaper. If you do have a full fare cabin that qualifies and have not made final payment, they will take the 100 off of the fare for a 7 day cruise.

Good luck

:)

before i starting cruising , ive tried to use those coupons, through carnival and NCL,, and they will only honor them for past cruisers.

latitudes members for NCL,, they are very strict...

and mostly NEW bookings only...thats the bad thing

maybe they will side with you,, good luck

melissa

Archived