I got an odd call from NCL yesterday..

Carolyn1950

I wasn't home so it was on my answering machine.. NCL was calling to see if I had recieved the caribbean 2006 brochure I had requested.. And to tell me they had very special fares going on now.. And asking if I had any questions. Yes, I had a question, where is my 200. credit from my last cruise?:p Maybe they wil call back...

First time that ever happened:)

I wasn't home so it was on my answering machine.. NCL was calling to see if I had recieved the caribbean 2006 brochure I had requested.. And to tell me they had very special fares going on now.. And asking if I had any questions. Yes, I had a question, where is my 200. credit from my last cruise?:p Maybe they wil call back...

First time that ever happened:)

Interesting. I hope you get the $200 credit soon as well, keep us informed. I know you will..NMNita

...to see if I had received the brochures that I had requested. It seemed strange at the time. I don't recall the rep's name, but she did ask if I was currently booked on a cruise (we are)... two weeks or so later I received an upsell offer via email.

I had only ordered extra brochures because my autistic son just loves to look at the "water books" and he keeps leaving them at school! :)

I have received two calls from them concerning brochures with the second call asking if I had a cruise booked. I do. They let me know they were in Phoenix ( I live in Tucson) and to let them know if I have any questions. I thought it was a bit unusual. I suppose they are trying to improve their customer service, which is a good thing.

I also had a call from NCL about the Hawaii brochures I had requested....twice over the last 2 months. I told him that they had not come yet. He stated he would look into it for me.

Chuck

That may in fact be the reason they are calling. I ordered brochures a couple of months ago and I have not gotten them. Perhaps they are having a problem with the distribution supplier and checking to see how wide spread the issue is.

I would hate to pay someone to produce and ship documents that my clients never got. :eek:

I have never received brochures from NCL.

When we first starting thinking about cruising over two years ago, I

requested brochures from NCL.

When they had not arrived within a few months, I went through a

TA who immediately sent them out.

I now have had a request in with NCL for two brochures for over

four months - no brochures, and no telephone call either.

I have again requested them through a TA and have received one.

That is hardly how I would like to do this, as I know it costs a TA

the postage, and I may end up not booking through them.

I didnt get a call yesterday, I got an e-mail from my NCL PVP (personal vacation planner) I e-mailed him back telling him no I had not received them yet, that I was booked for '06 and interested for '07. It took less then 5 minutes for a response from him. Now, is this something new? A PVP? I thought only Carnival had PVPs?

Archived