Golden - ESPN

cthoops

Hello,

I was just wondering if there is a bar or someplace on the Golden where we can watch ESPN. I'm a big UConn basketball fan and there's going to be one game broadcast on ESPN during our cruise. Luckily for my DH, the other games that I'll be missing are only shown on our local stations! :)

Thanks!

I know that when we were on the Golden last January they did have the football on in the Sports Bar and the Playoffs (football) on in the Explorers lounge. As others have said you can get ESPN in your room, it is funny because their aren't any commercials and you can hear the announcers talking during the breaks.

You should have seen my DH when we asked and the purser wasn't sure if they would televise the Jets Playoff game, I thought he was going to jump ship and swim to the nearest sports bar. It would have been better off for him if they didn't televise it, I thought he was going to have a heart attack the way he was pacing the floor. LOL

You should have seen my DH when we asked and the purser wasn't sure if they would televise the Jets Playoff game, I thought he was going to jump ship and swim to the nearest sports bar. It would have been better off for him if they didn't televise it, I thought he was going to have a heart attack the way he was pacing the floor. LOL

Jbrambach, your post made me laugh. I can relate to your husband! I remember one particular NCAA playoff game where I had worked myself up into a frenzy. At the moment that it looked like the women might lose (7 seconds left, UConn's up by 2, opposing team gets the ball b/c of a possession arrow so a 3 pointer will win the game for them), I burst into tears and my husband looked at me and declared "You're a fanatic!! You're out of control!!!" I can laugh about it now - that's because we won. :)

Oh my....I can relate to your husband. I told my husband he may have to "break it off" with the Jets b/c every year they break his heart.

The worse basketball incident was when the Knicks were in the playoffs against the Pacers and Reggie Miller scored like 8 points in something rediculous like 3 second ( I don't know), but I had to guard the TV or we would have had to buy a new one. Come to think of it I should have let him, I always wanted a large screen. I guess that's life with a sports nut!

Archived