World Club Moving Backwards

signman

I just received the Fall 2005 issue of "The Cunarder". It includes a lovely photo of Caronia and QE2. (How long ago did she leave the fleet?) It is designated as Issue 8.

I happened to have the Spring 2005 issue nearby and it is designated as Issue 9. If they continue to count backwards, I wonder what will happen when they get to Issue Zero.

I also noticed that my World Club number has changed, yet with no formal notification from Cunard, I certainly would have provided the old number with a booking.

I also noticed that my World Club number has changed, yet with no formal notification from Cunard, I certainly would have provided the old number with a booking.

All the World Club numbers were reformatted to be compatible with the Princess Cruises POLAR reservations system. In fact, if you have ever cruised on Princess your Cunard World Club number is the same as your Princess Cruises Captain's Circle number. The cruise history is somehow kept separate even though the member numbers are the same for both lines.

I agree about "The Cunarder" and the picture on the back. Apparently Cunard doesn't know what ships are in it's own fleet. I wonder how Saga Holidays would feel about Cunard using "their" ship in promo materials.

Ernie

Wasn't 'Clueless' set in Southern California, while 'Emma' was in Hampshire, or was it Surrey?

The US 'Cunarder' can be found here: http://www.cunard.com/images/Content/Fall2005_Cunarder.pdf

While the latest UK version - no Caronia photos, here:

http://www.cunard.co.uk/images/Content/Cunarder_8_2005.pdf

Hey ho......

Peter

Archived