Teen Pricing on Divina

Reds4life

I feel like I have been getting the run around from the pitiful customer service at MSC. I booked a cruise for May 27 and for some reason my 12 yr old who is NOT a "teen" pays more for that particular cruise than any time all summer. The adults pay less but the teen pays more. That makes no logical sense whatsoever. To make things worse, they have a policy posted that says after April that "children" 12 and under sail free as 3rd/4th guests. I'm paying basically the same as the adults for the 12 yr old. Anyone else have problems with this type of situation? How did it play out for you?

I don't think your May sailing counts. I know that children 11 and under sail free most sailings or have reduced fares. We just got by with our cruise last month....my son turns 12 in three weeks. I did a mock booking for August and my 12 year old is not "free" but about half of what my rate would be. My 8 year old is still "free."

This is from MSC website:

Children 11 and under sail free as 3rd/4thguest in the same stateroom: only taxes and fees, flights and transfers apply (where applicable). This offer is subject to change with limited availability according to the season and must be confirmed at the time of booking. On Summer 2016 and Winter 2016-2017 seasons, children 12 and under will sail free under the same terms on specific special sailings.

This is on their website: For winter 2016/2017, summer 2017, and winter 2017/2018

Children 12 and under traveling with their parents in the same cabin cruise free of charge: only taxes and port dues,

My 12 year old is about $20 less than my rate. MSC agents acknowledge that it is wrong but blame it on the "marketing department" that has no direct number

This is on their website: For winter 2016/2017, summer 2017, and winter 2017/2018

Children 12 and under traveling with their parents in the same cabin cruise free of charge: only taxes and port dues,

My 12 year old is about $20 less than my rate. MSC agents acknowledge that it is wrong but blame it on the "marketing department" that has no direct number

On the US website? For what cruises?

According to the MSC website: " Kids 12 and under sail free until April 2017. From April 2017 and beyond kids 11 and under sail free on selected sailings,"

I guess you have to read the fine print.

The Colonel

Yes, the US site.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Cruise-Information/Family.aspx

They've given me all kinds of excuses and I'm wasn't even asking for her to be completely free, just not nearly the same price as the adults. Then I found the page above and it just made me more angry. All in all, we got a great price on the cruise, but I'm a believer that if if you put an offer out there then you stand by it.

According to the MSC website: " Kids 12 and under sail free until April 2017. From April 2017 and beyond kids 11 and under sail free on selected sailings,"

I guess you have to read the fine print.

The Colonel

Take your own advice and read above directly from the MSC website as well. They have contradictory statements throughout the website.