Port Canaveral-cruise on a budget

rachelrae36

Question about Exploration Tower? Is it right at the port? Looks like a great spot for a quick cheap few hours off the ship. Thanks for any info...

I've never heard of that but now I'm interested also lol Is that an excursion on NCL or did you read it somewhere? Always looking for new stuff to do in Port Canaveral, been there a few times so we've done most of the offered stuff. Was thinking of staying on ship but this may be another idea.

Exporation Tower is near the port but not really walking distance. We toured it in December and it only took about 45 minutes to see the whole building. There is a gift shop and a small snack bar also. I would find something more exciting to do or see.

Depends on where your ship docks but mostly NO, you can't walk there. While it's in the port area it is possible to be on the other side of where your ship ports.

Exploration Tower is 7 stories high with an outside deck on top with great views of the port.

Each floor is dedeicated to the history of the area including the space industry.

It's at night that the tower shines with different colors.

You're within walking distance of several lovely restaurants.

You can get a terriffic lobster roll at Atlantic seafood....Ask for some melted butter to dip it in.

I forgot to add that a short walk away (ask people who work there and they will direct you) you can grab a bus that you can ask the driver if he does the Loop.....He will then drop you off back where you were.

If so, you can tour the city of Cocoa and Merritt Island for very little money.