Need idea about what time we can get off in Bay of Islands

We are trying to plan our day when we visit Bay of Islands on Solstice. Solstice will be arriving at 7am and we are also elite members so we get priority tendering. Can anyone give us an idea what time we'll be able to tender ashore if not on a ships tour? I need to give our tour company a time to meet.

If it were me, and assuming the tour company is meeting you at Waitangi (the tender wharf), I would pick 09:15.

Add 20 mins to that if meeting you in Paihia.

If BOI is your first stop in NZ, ship clearance may take a little longer than if you are from another NZ port.

Thanks. I'll get in touch with them and ask which wharf we'd be getting picked up from. We were trying to decide if we would have enough time to visit the caves and then take a ferry over to Russell. Looks like we will if we can start our day by 9:15 or 9:30. Ship sails at 6 p.m. so I'm assuming the last tender back would be around 5pm or a little after that.

Yes, if you are only seeing the caves there should be time for Russell.

Just a thought; if it's only your tour party in the van you could always ask them if they can drop you off in Russell after the caves.

It will cost extra as they have to pay for a return car ferry trip.

Would however give you another scenic option into Russell.

For the ferry back, remember it's ferry to Paihia then shuttle to Waitangi for the tender.

If you are having a final drink on the veranda at "The Duke of Marlborough" you can see the ferries coming across from Paihia and know it's time to get down to the wharf quick smart.

Yes, if you are only seeing the caves there should be time for Russell.

Just a thought; if it's only your tour party in the van you could always ask them if they can drop you off in Russell after the caves.

Yes, I thought the same thing and already asked them that. They said they don't provide that service to Russell.

It will cost extra as they have to pay for a return car ferry trip.

Would however give you another scenic option into Russell.

For the ferry back, remember it's ferry to Paihia then shuttle to Waitangi for the tender.

That's why we are planning on leaving Russell no later than 3:30pm as that should give us enough time.

If you are having a final drink on the veranda at "The Duke of Marlborough" you can see the ferries coming across from Paihia and know it's time to get down to the wharf quick smart.

Can't wait ...looking forward to our trip.