Tendering pier info and Coconuts...

solita

Just wanted to update everyone on the new tendering info. Princess and Carnival will be using Puerta Maya pier to tender into. RCCL is using the TMM pier next door and NCL used the fiscal pier downtown. All went pretty smooth today. Some tendering delays but nothing big.

And for all, especially BruceR...Coconuts opened as of yesterday. Cuco came down to the pier in the morning and talked to the governor...explained the road situation and in a snap of the fingers, the road was approved as far as his restaurant! There ya go Bruce!!! Merry Christmas early.

And for all, especially BruceR...Coconuts opened as of yesterday. Cuco came down to the pier in the morning and talked to the governor...explained the road situation and in a snap of the fingers, the road was approved as far as his restaurant! There ya go Bruce!!! Merry Christmas early.
That is great, now all I have to do is straighten things out with Continental and we'll be good to go.

So, am I understanding that one can travel thru town along the route which would pass by Paradise Beach to the old rasta bar and then past Chen Rio to Coconuts, but no farther? (My sense of compass directions is not so great, but I think you can understand the route I am suggesting.)Circling the island from the opposite direction, how far can one travel? If I am understanding correctly, making the "loop" of the island is not possible at this time. Thanks so much, Solita, for taking the time to post info here for us. I'm so looking forward to my visit in December!! Also, is there a rental car facility at the pier RCCL is using? If not, could you advise the closest facility? Thanks again!!

So, am I understanding that one can travel thru town along the route which would pass by Paradise Beach to the old rasta bar and then past Chen Rio to Coconuts, but no farther?
I don't think so. The road is closed at Punta Sur, which is the southern point of the island. So, if you drive south on the road that goes past PB, you will have to stop at the "bottom" of the island (if you were looking at a map).

Circling the island from the opposite direction, how far can one travel?
This is the direction you would need to go if you want to get to Coconuts. Start in town, drive across the island on the transverse road to Mezcalitos on the east side, then you can drive south to Coconuts, but no farther. On this map you can see the transverse road across the middle of the island to Mezcalitos.
If I am understanding correctly, making the "loop" of the island is not possible at this time.
That is a correct statement.
Also, is there a rental car facility at the pier RCCL is using? If not, could you advise the closest facility? Thanks again!!
Sorry, can't help with this one as I don't know what has reopened there. Perhaps Solita can help with this one.

On this map you can see the transverse road across the middle of the island to Mezcalitos.

I believe the transverse road is closed. Solita might shed some light on that one also.

?Caro, por favor mis amiga? (sorry, I don't have an inverted question mark on my keyboard)

Grasias,

John

One quick question for you, and this may be an ignorant question.

We are planning on taking a ferry from Coz to Playa Del Carmen and a cab from there to the Puerta Aventuras Dolphin Discovery, when we visit Cozumel in December. Are the ferries still running to Playa Del Carmen, even though the cruise ship tenders are using their dock?

The transverse road is open and the ferries to Playa del Carmen are running. The ferries use one side of the dock and the tenders use the other.

Enjoy!

We are coming Dec 15th and cannot wait ...thanks for of you in Cozumel for keeping us informed...we are happy that all of our friends in Coz are doing well...see ya soon:)

Archived