E501 on Regal Princess

tmlfan1977

Good afternoon everyone. My name is Andy and I'm a new member / first-time poster / first-time cruiser. :) My best friend and I will be on-board the Regal Princess this January for a 7-day Western Caribbean cruise. We had booked back in June and were given E501 as our room. We received quite a good deal because we were told the balcony had an obstructed view. I was wondering if by chance any members here have had this room and could possibly shed some light as to how obstructed it is? Pictures would be wonderful as well if possible! An obstructed view is not a deal-breaker for me because there's good chance I'll be spending little time in the room as it is. But still, inquiring minds want to know! Thank you for reading, and I'm certain I'll have more questions to ask as the date of our cruise draws nearer! :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic & to preparing for your first cruise.

Here's a link to a website created by a CC participant which has photos of obstructed view cabins on the Royal & Regal.

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/

There isn't a photo from E501 however there are photos from adjacent cabins E445 & E503. These photos show the upper section of one of the large lifeboats but the view from above the balcony railing appears to be unobstructed.

Thank you very much for pointing me to this resource! It certainly gives me an idea on the obstruction for sure. If a photo for E501 has not been submitted by the time I set sail, I'll be sure to take one myself and contribute to the site. Thanks again!

Thank you very much for pointing me to this resource! It certainly gives me an idea on the obstruction for sure. If a photo for E501 has not been submitted by the time I set sail, I'll be sure to take one myself and contribute to the site. Thanks again!

Theo (Renmar) has not only created that helpful website but also has a site for the other Princess ships' obstructed oceanview cabins.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/home

I'm sure he'd appreciate sending him a photo of E501 to help other passengers.

I wouldn't swear to it but I think cabin E501 has a lifeboat in front of it. We were close by without any obstruction & I recall lifeboats to the front & rear. If I can fins a photo looking in either direction I'll post it to give you a better idea.

Can't help with your request but I do want to thank you for posting such a nice and polite request then following up with an offer to contribute. Well done! Safe travels.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've stayed in D501 directly above. The lifeboat is directly centered on E501 however it only comes up to the railing. You will be able to look out away from the ship just not directly below. The photo of E503 will give you an idea of what you'll see.

Thank you all so very much for the feedback and the warm welcome! Looking at the picture for E503, this is definitely an obstruction that won't deter me from enjoying the balcony! I'm pretty sure my time in the cabin will be minimal anyway, as I plan to completely embrace my first cruise experience by taking in as much as I possibly can! :) Thank you all again for your help! It is very much appreciated!

• 1 year later...

We really enjoyed the cabin. It wasn't very big, but big enough. The obstructed view wasn't an issue. We were able to look outward, just not downward. VERY close to the mid-ship elevators. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom was quite small, which was to be expected. Below is a link to part 3 of our cruise vlog which includes a tour of E501. Be warned, the video contains profanity, so please view at your own discretion.

NOTE: We enter and tour the room at the 11m45s mark in the video.