AC penthouse on the Sun

RichNY

We stayed in an AC on the Sun last winter. Our cabin was 8707 (I think ~ there in the corner). We stayed free thanks to several years racking up our NCL points thru MBNA!

Anyways, it was a one bedroom with another small sitting room. The sitting room had a pull out couch that fit my two small children. Two adults would not have been comfortable on it however - much too small.

The bedroom was absolutely seperate from the sitting room. The bedroom had a regular queen size bed which was very comfortable. There were sliding partician doors seperating the bedroom from the sitting area.

The bathroom in the AC is really nice! The balcony was really great too. I would definately recommend this suite to you but only if you have 2 adults or two adults with two small children. Four adults in this suite would not be comfortable it would be better to have two seperate regular balcony rooms.

Hi Vyhanek, thanks for the info on the AC Suite. I will be staying in suite #9076 with my husband and my sister inlaw and her husband in the cabin next door in April 2006. Can u tell me if the balcony for the suite curves around the ship and do u know if the cabins next door are adjoining ???

thank u for the info

minimom:)

An AC would be fine for 3 adults. The sofa bed in the sitting room would be fine for one adult. Unfolded its probably the size of a large twin or small full size bed.

The balcony does wrap around a bit. Its a nice size balcony and the envy of everyone on the ship. The wrap around part isn't really usable though. Its hard to explain sorry. The balcony is accessed by the bedroom and then seperate access from the sitting room as well. Its a very nice sized balcony. We had two families out there most evenings.

Some of the AC's adjoin the room next door which is also an AFT cabin. That room is very small though. Our cabin did adjoin with doors that could be opened between to the next door cabin 8708. That would be a great option if two couples were going or if one couple wanted a suite and the other didn't ~

It really is a lovely space and my dh and I agreed that even if we were paying ourselves (not free thru the MBNA credit card program) we would still come up with the money to do this AC cabin again.

The best thing about this AC is the nice perks you get and how the crew goes out of their way for you. We were in the AC 8707 and our friends were two door over in a Mini Suite (8709) I can't remember our room number and theirs, I get them confused if I am not looking at a diagram of the ship. But we had the AC and they had the Mini Suite. We had so many more perksthan the mini suite. Like almost every evening we would get a plate full of goodies like chocolates or chocolate dipped strawberries from the Hotel Director or the Cruise Director or someone. In addition getting priority tender tickets was Fabulous. We got priority tickets meaning we could go down and go straight to the front of the line for the very next tender available. (sort of like fast pass tickets at Disney). Also, if you dine at the Al A Carte resteraunts the Consiere makes sure you get the very best table - like the bankettes with the decorative curtains and pillows - fabulous!

On a totally different topic but I have to share.........The lobster I had at the East meets West A la Carte resteraunt was the best lobster I have ever had! I live in New England (and we eat at the best resteraunts in Boston often) so this is really a big deal and for me to be still talking about it says A LOT. You pay a bit extra but believe me, if you could have the memory of that dinner. I'm not even into Asian food but everything from the soup to the lobster and the side veggies with the most yummy sauce was so, so good.

Also, I can't stop here. Sorry. At Cozumel we wanted to find a nice beach that served good food right on the beach. One of the locals from a nice jewelery store reccommended a place called Mr. Santos. It was perfect. Very casual tables with thatched roof umbrellas set up right on the beach for lunch. It had a nice beach, a nice but small pool and massages for one dollar a minute. The food was really good too. We sat there all afternoon and ate real guacamole (the kind with big chunks of fresh avacado - not frozen mushy sauce stuff you see these days) and we drank our coctails and loved every minute of it.

So enjoy, enjoy, enjoy your cruise. I'm trying to figure out how I can go again this winter. Even since dh has used all his vacation for other things. Maybe I can go and take my two young girls at winter break.....hmmmm.

The best thing about this AC is the nice perks you get and how the crew goes out of their way for you. We were in the AC 8707 and our friends were two door over in a Mini Suite (8709) I can't remember our room number and theirs, I get them confused if I am not looking at a diagram of the ship. But we had the AC and they had the Mini Suite. We had so many more perksthan the mini suite. Like almost every evening we would get a plate full of goodies like chocolates or chocolate dipped strawberries from the Hotel Director or the Cruise Director or someone. In addition getting priority tender tickets was Fabulous. We got priority tickets meaning we could go down and go straight to the front of the line for the very next tender available. (sort of like fast pass tickets at Disney). Also, if you dine at the Al A Carte resteraunts the Consiere makes sure you get the very best table - like the bankettes with the decorative curtains and pillows - fabulous!

quote]

Do the mini-suites get the priority tender on the SUN? I know they get priority embark/debarkation.

Thanks.

Thanks for all the information. We are thinking about the 3 night to the Bahamas in January. The plan is to get my mother out of her condo and cruising again..Her hip is on the mend so this cruise should be just long enough for her. The AC is big enough for the 3 of us and with a butler if she doesn't feel like doing too much she'll be well taken care of.

We just finished Dawn in an AE ..talk about being spoiled..:D

Thanks again for the info..

If all goes well, I have posted a link to my pictures on the Sun in an AC Suite.

If all does not go well, give me your email and I'll send them to you.

Ally:)

We are looking at booking an AC on the Sun for Alaska next September. I wasn't able to access your pics so could you email them to me?

Thanks so much! :D

Toni

tonigord@rogers.com

We are looking at booking an AC on the Sun for Alaska next September. I wasn't able to access your pics so could you email them to me?

Thanks so much! :D

Toni

tonigord@rogers.com

Toni,

I'm sending you the email. If you have any questions, let me know. I loved being at the AFT. We tend to like to spend time in our cabin and this was a nice one. There are a few things of note. We had the Garden Cafe patio above us so you sometimes heard chairs being moved. Also, people on the patio were not aware that there was a balcony beneath them and they would flick their cigarette ashes and throw bread crumbs to the birds! Other that that, we had 2 butlers and a great concierge. It's worth the price.

Ally

:)

Thanks so much Ally! The pics were great. The cabin we are looking at is 9076 which is on a different deck but I'm sure there isn't much difference. Love the size of the balcony!

Toni :D

Archived