Victory- delayed boarding?

We are sailing out on the Victory Monday and got an email stating boarding/departure would be delayed by 2 hours and no one-- specifically listing Diamond, Platinum, F2F, etc., will board before 1:30 pm.

So....

1) We have a private transfer booked from the Fort Lauderdale airport. If we can't get that changed to a later time, is there anywhere to go near the port? (For example-- in Galveston there is a Starbucks right across the street.) Understandably, we'd have our luggage with us as well.

2) Do they REALLY mean no one until 1:30? (We've boarded long before posted "first" boarding times before.)

Thanks-- and I just want accurate answers, not flames for even suggesting the received email might not be totally accurate.

We just got the same email for the same sailing. I've been following another thread and basically, yes, they really mean 1:30 PM. Our check-in was going to be 12:30 so we will now plan to show up around 2:30. Not really ideal, but rather show up at that time than have to sit at the curb waiting to be allowed inside.

I'm going on Fridays victory cruise, and recieved the same call/email. Following other posts, it seems they will not let anybody on the ship before 1:30. Our check in time was originally scheduled for 2pm, and I really wish we didn't have to hang out in Miami for an extra 2 hours. I'd like to know if there's anything else to do on the port as well.

We just got the same email for the same sailing. I've been following another thread and basically, yes, they really mean 1:30 PM. Our check-in was going to be 12:30 so we will now plan to show up around 2:30. Not really ideal, but rather show up at that time than have to sit at the curb waiting to be allowed inside.

I just want to clarify for you that check-in and boarding are completely different things. If you had a 12:30 check-in you can still enter the terminal at 12:30, check-in, and wait til they call you for boarding. We were on the Victory last month and checked in at 10:45ish (because we are Platinum). Checked in and waited til they called us to board around 1:15pm. There were hundreds of people checked-in before 1:30pm.

I just want to clarify for you that check-in and boarding are completely different things. If you had a 12:30 check-in you can still enter the terminal at 12:30, check-in, and wait til they call you for boarding. We were on the Victory last month and checked in at 10:45ish (because we are Platinum). Checked in and waited til they called us to board around 1:15pm. There were hundreds of people checked-in before 1:30pm.

Im also confused about this boarding ,when we made our final payment we got a email that said do online check in ,then on boarding pass it say 11:30 boarding time, so if I'm already checked in online do I have to check in when I arrive at port? Or just go to boarding area,

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Im also confused about this boarding ,when we made our final payment we got a email that said do online check in ,then on boarding pass it say 11:30 boarding time, so if I'm already checked in online do I have to check in when I arrive at port? Or just go to boarding area,

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

You have to do both. When you complete your online check in you should've chosen a "check in time". You can still arrive at the port at that designated check-in time. Once inside you will have to check in there to get your sail and sign card. After they give you your sail and sign card you will wait in the designated waiting area until they call you for boarding (which should begin between 1:00 and 1:30).

Great point! So related question...

I've only experienced assigned check-in times once prior to this sailing. We are platinum as well. Were we automatically assigned the earliest check-in time when we selected, or is it based on what was available?

Also, it seems to me I read somewhere that although Platinum guests have an assigned time that may be later, they can come earlier. Am I mistaken on this point?

BTW- thanks to all posts here for engaging in a positive conversation!

Great point! So related question...

I've only experienced assigned check-in times once prior to this sailing. We are platinum as well. Were we automatically assigned the earliest check-in time when we selected, or is it based on what was available?

Also, it seems to me I read somewhere that although Platinum guests have an assigned time that may be later, they can come earlier. Am I mistaken on this point?

BTW- thanks to all posts here for engaging in a positive conversation!

Even though you are Platinum you still have to choose your check-in time when you complete your Online Check-in. For example: I just booked a New Year's Eve cruise a few weeks ago. Immediately after booking I completed the online check-in and chose the 11-11:30am check-in time which was the earliest available. However, it really doesn't matter because with the Platinum status you can show up whenever you like!

I was just on the Victory. We had chosen the 12pm boarding but got the delay email. We ended up getting there at 1 anyway, they started the boarding promptly at 1:30, and it moved really fast. We were on board by 2ish...