Already booked HAVEN Courtyard Penthouse could I be offered an up Sell???

We are 5 1/2 weeks until sailing. I received an email today with the upsell game. We are booked in a family suite (no balcony) the next cabin up would be the family suite with balcony. The starting bid would be 800.00 400.00 pp/ only first two people pay. Well I went to the web site and if I booked that cabin today (keep in mind not what I paid nearly 2 years ago at booking) the total difference in price of the two cabins for 4 of us is 900.00 so if you really look at it they would be giving us a big 100.00 off

Bottom line if I would of wanted a family suite with balcony I would of booked it when I booked. Maybe for people that change their mind this is a deal but this is no bargain so don't expect that when the time comes.

I am in shock at how many suites that is still to be had with 5 1/2 weeks remaining. Also it is Easter break here in Louisiana . Always in the past they were sold out way way before the cruise.

If I could of bid less than the 800.00 I may of thought about it, but that isn't an option. We have had the family suite many times before and completely happy with it so I wish ncl well on selling a boat load of suites before we sail.

We are currently booked in an H6, and we received the upsell notice for the three categories above us. The starting bid was $750/pp for the first two people. We're not going to bid...the aft penthouse is where we want to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yea I kind of think its going to be a lot of suites empty due to this new system then booked up the last week or so before sailing.

I looked at the Getaway which I am sailing on the 19th and the majority of the suites were empty up till now. (now there are around 15 left) so that means some of the high bidders were awarded there rooms.

The lower bidders will get the rest and it will be a sold out ship due to spring break and the bidding system.

I don't think many are booking at the exaggerated prices and just bidding on these ships now. I looked at other dates near my sailing on the escape and the getaway and it is the exact same scenario.

This will be the way of the future! Everyone wants to feel like they are getting a deal and really they are not a H5 suite for 3 is not worth $8000 for a week or a 2 room suite is not worth $10000 no one is paying that so they think there getting a deal on the room when it goes for less.

Dont get me wrong these rooms are nice and the butler is great but not that great. I find my self cruising close to how I always have I dont hang out in the private dining room and court yard all day that is too boring for me and my family we like to go all over the ship and try different things living in the courtyard reminds me of being in a small resort kind of boring but nice when you want to be secluded that is the main reason I like the suites its there for when I want it but I do not even use it half the time I am on the ship.