Best Western Plus Dania Beach

cmse9

Do not stay at this hotel! I stayed at the Best Western Plus Dania Beach Fl February 25, 2017. I had booked 2 rooms, one for myself and the other for my daughter and family.

As we were on the 3rd floor and as we were walking down the hall we noticed that it smelled musty. And the rooms also had a musty mildew smell. We turned on the a/c, and went out to get something to eat.

Upon returning the rooms still had the smell. My daughter went to the front desk to complain and they were very nonchalant about, offering her no resolution. We had no choice but to stay there, opening the window to at least have some fresh air to breath.

The room had seen better days, it was dingy and worn, especially the carpeting. The bathroom was horrendous. Mold had eaten through on the shower walls. It was disgusting! None of us took a shower as we didn't want to get near the mold.

Do not stay at this hotel!!! Especially if you have any breathing difficulties. My daughter has asthma and by morning was using her inhaler often.

I phoned Best Western Customer Care and they were of no help, saying that the hotel itself would have to rectify the problem as they are individually owned.

I tried too upload a photo of the shower but can't figure it out :(

Best Western is not really a hotel chain, just a cooperative of 100% independent properties that share a booking engine but no corporate connection beyond a logo. If nationwide customer service is essential to you you must always stay elsewhere.

I was amazed when I watched this hotel being built a decade ago, almost zero lot lined against the I-95 off ramp. Rates have gotten low enough there that not just tourists but locals are checking in, and for predictably nefarious reasons; there have been stories on the local news about the police activity there.

When booking a hotel in South Florida remember that upkeep and security directly correlate with price--and there are usually plenty of nicer hotels down the block worthy of the slightly higher rates. Moral: You get what you pay for.