Doctor Cave Beach ???s

sealgs2000

We were going to Sunset but after reading all the posts we decided on Docs, then after reading more we changed again so now we are booked with A-Z tours. They are taking us over to Negril. The will meet us at the docks where we board a small bus for 8 for $38.00 pp, jaunt about 50 minutes over to Negril for about 5 hours. They said they will leave 30 min after arrival and bring us back 1 hr before departu. Negril has great beaches, listed as one of the top 10 in the world & has great shopping & good eats. They told me to let anyone else know they have plenty of buses and to invite whomever would be interested in going. You can email them & book it prior to arrival in Montego. :)

We're probably going to Sunset Beach week after next - I'll be sure to post LOTS of photos and a detailed review, to hopefully clear up some of the confusion about whether this is a place worth visiting!

Thanks, Rowan...I look forward to your commentary.

What are you doing in Grand Cayman and Cozumel?

We're going to Paradise Beach in Cozumel, and we're staying on the ship in Grand Cayman. Too many ships in port that day! We MAY go into port to window shop a little bit, but the kids have said they prefer to stay on the ship and play - so if we do go into port without them, it will be a quick trip out and back. We were going to go to the turtle farm, but it upsets my son too much to know that most of the turtles will be killed and eaten!

After Sunset went to 40 bucks pp we decided on Doc's, it's only 5 bucks pp, 10-15 min taxi ride, and the scum venders are not allowed in. We have are own snorkling equipment & beach umbrella, will bring our own cooler and grab food from the ship to take along. Why pay 40 bucks????

After Sunset went to 40 bucks pp we decided on Doc's, it's only 5 bucks pp, 10-15 min taxi ride, and the scum venders are not allowed in. We have are own snorkling equipment & beach umbrella, will bring our own cooler and grab food from the ship to take along. Why pay 40 bucks????

Well, I would frankly rather pay $120 up front for the 4 of us and not have to worry about paying for every little thing at Doctor's Cave Beach. There, it's $5 for a chair, $5 for a table, then you pay for food, drinks, water toy rental, etc. Sure, it might end up being cheaper at the end of the day, but it's just too much hassle to have to pull money out every 10 minutes to pay for something. I showed my kids photos of the lazy river, and they are very excited about it. Last time we were in Jamaica we did the Rose Hall Beach Club excursion through Carnival - it was $45 pp for all 4 of us, and all it included was transportation, admission to the beach, and a Coke. So I don't think Sunset Beach is a bad deal at all.

• 1 month later...

This reply is probably too late for your cruise, but I wanted others to know that although Doctor's Cove is a BEAUTIFUL beach, our teenagers were approached several times (even while swimming in the water in front of us) to buy drugs. The dealer had them in zip-lock bags in his swimming trunks!

Archived