Minimum Age for Tipping

mcmahonbky

What is the minumum age for tipping. We are travelling with 2 year old twins and wonder whether will have the tips for these guys charged to our account.

Thanks

They most likely will.Remove all tips including yours at the pursers and tip in cash at the end what you think is fair.All the mega tippers on this fantasy board will try and tell you something else.Do what you want.

Steve

wonder whether will have the tips for these guys charged to our account.

Are tips automatically charged to an account or do you hand out envelopes at the end, or both. What if you want to tip extra? What if you want to tip less?

It is automatic.Tip extra in cash,or remove the auto tips and tip all in cash for whatever amount you want.

Steve

those two cuties will be having seats saved in the dining room. If you dont think they will make it there..let your agent know not to book them into the dining room...free up those seats and save your tip money. Will they be two by sailing date? they can use the camp while you and the spouse have a nice dinner together.

I took a 2 yr old & 9 month old on a cruise. We aren't messy people, but even still... I ended up appreciating the staff so much we tipped for them. This year I'm taking my 3 yr old & 5yr old. We are now not nearly so messy so I'm going to use my discretion on tipping. I'm a generous tipper, however I like to do what is expected and not too much over. We'll just see once I get there. I'm taking the money to tip the full amount. It'll be up to you.

Thanks for all the info. I think what I was getting at is that these two cuties might never make it into the dining room. I have no intention on being a cheapskate. The cabin steward might land up better off.

The tips for the dining team are for all dining venues... so they will be eating somewhere won't they? Unless they are strictly going to have room service, you should still tip. The members from the dining team also work the buffet area.

The staff works so hard for kids of all ages... I have seen them, and it is a chore to do that job, while still being so great with the kids.

have a great cruise!

They most likely will.Remove all tips including yours at the pursers and tip in cash at the end what you think is fair.All the mega tippers on this fantasy board will try and tell you something else.Do what you want.

Steve

This is coming from the person who once asked if he only ate room service would he still have to tip!:D

This is coming from the person who once asked if he only ate room service would he still have to tip!:D

You must be mistaken me for someone else.I have never used room service. I did ask about eating in the buffet areas for all meals and I attempt to not have seating in the dining room with Carnival.I ended up booking an RCI and an NCL so I can try NCLs free style.

Steve

You must be mistaken me for someone else.I have never used room service. I did ask about eating in the buffet areas for all meals and I attempt to not have seating in the dining room with Carnival.I ended up booking an RCI and an NCL so I can try NCLs free style.

Steve

No, she had it right... I believe this was a thread you started...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=63100

From what I know... on Celebrity there is a suggestion about tipping 1/2 for a kid under 12 with two adults..

On World Cruise Line Assoc. (Carnival and Co) it's $10 pp including kids.

Archived