Storage/Cabin Size - Golden

DoniaG

Hi all -
Since these posts are making me more and more excited about my trip, I really had to cast about me to find something or worry about. I've decided that needs to be the space available in C606 on the Golden (category BA). I have pored over the photos and diagrams and still can't figure out what's there. How big is the closet - 2', 3', bigger? Are there any drawers other than the ones in the desk/dressing table and in the bedside tables? Where is the refrigerator? Where is the safe?And what is behind the door into the cabin - looks like some kind of cabinet on my diagram? On previous cruises (many, many years ago), our large luggage was removed after we unpacked and then returned on the last day. Is that the practice on the Golden? Actually, I'm not terribly worried - just terribly curious! If anyone has been in this cabin - or close to it -I would love to hear about it. Thanks loads, Donia

I was in B601 a category BC but I'm sure the storage size will be the same.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>The "closet" (for hanging clothes that is)is quite large about 4-5' wide I'd say and they have a shelf that runs along top of it. LOTS OF ROOM, plenty for two people. It does not have doors at all.
<LI>Drawers - No, no other drawers besides those mentioned.
<LI>Fridge - It's located in a cabinet underneath the television, the top of the cabinet is open for drink glasses, etc.
<LI>The safe is in a closet right next to where you hang up your clothes. This closet actually has a door and has about 4-6 shelves for other storage, I used it for my shoes and other clothes that wouldn't fit in the drawers and that didn't need to be hung up.
<LI>There is nothing behind the door to the cabin, the closet I mentioned above is right behind the bathroom door when it's open.
<LI>No your luggage is not removed, you have plenty of room in the open closet to put your luggage and could even put it on the shelf above.
[/list]

Hope this answers your questions.

heather

5/16/04 Golden Princess - Southern Caribbean
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;16;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

We were on the Golden last year in the Med. Our cabin was P214 on the Plaza deck. It was an outside cabin. We felt it had one of the best closet storage arrangements of any cruise ship cabin that we have sailed on. The closet is large open type that faces the rather small bathroom with it's tiny shower. Because the closet has a large shelf on top across it's whole length and whole bottom of the closet is available for a dirty clothes bag or two as well a place for your shoes and swiming suit bag. The beds are high enough to store your suitcases under them. There is also a small cabinet at the end of the closet area that has a safe and two or three other shelves for additional storage. There was a desk area that had a large mirror and several drawers as well as another small dresser with a couple of drawers between the beds. There was also a small refrigerator which we really appreciated when we came back from shore tours and could get a cold soda from it. The only negative I would say about the room was that they had a side chair and a small round table that at least in our opinion just got in the way. I would guess the closet at being over 8 foot wide and the bar for putting hangers on was high enough that my wife was able to hang her dresses and they were still well above the floor.

Unless you are packing a lot more than we do and that might be hard to do, I would suspect there will be plenty of storage room in your cabin on the Golden unless yours is arranged a lot different than the one we had.

Have a GREAT next cruise.

HAL Noordam 3/97 West Carib
Hal Westerdam 12/97 East Carib
HAL Veendam 11/98 East Carib
Hal Zaandam 12/00 South Carib
HAL Veendam 10/01 Panama Canal
RCCL Enchantment 09/02 W.Carib
Costa Atlantica 12/02 E.Carib
HAL Noordam 03/03 S.Carib
Golden Princess 07/03 Med
Celebrity Zenith 12/03 W.Carib
HAL Maasdam 05/04 Canada

Thanks so much. I feel much, much better. We are two women with lots more stuff than good sense. Yes, we both know how to pack lightly - but we just don't want to! Your information is invaluable. Thanks again.

For the first time my boyfriend actually packed more than I did and we still both overpacked and still had plenty of room to hang clothes and plenty of room on shelves and the floor of the open faced closet.

5/16/04 Golden Princess - Southern Caribbean
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;16;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

We were on the 5/23 Golden sailing in C317 - we stored all of our luggage under the bed and we had some oversized pieces. Never had to even see it all week. You are going to love the balcony on the Caribe deck - half covered and half open - best of both worlds, and really roomy! We didn't spend much time in the cabin, but when we were there, it was on the balcony. We even fell asleep out there one night! Enjoy!

Golden 2004
Wind 2002
Grandeur 1999

Thanks, Travelingal. I was really disappointed that we couldn't get a minisuite, but after reading these boards, I realize that we were actually lucky to end up where we did. Did you have any problems getting lounges for your balcony?

Truthfully DoniaG, we didn't even try so I don't know if there would be a problem or not. You get two small chairs with a table, and two reclining chairs. We just propped our legs on the small chairs. I did read somewhere that others requested them from their cabin steward and got them with no problem.

Talked with a couple who had booked a BA guarantee and got upgraded to a suite on Dolphin the week before our cruise and they were really disappointed because it rained all that week and their balcony was totally uncovered. So, sometimes, no luck is good luck! We only had rain on the first day but we were able to sit in the covered section and enjoyed the sun the rest of the week.

Golden 2004
Wind 2002
Grandeur 1999

Archived