MSCSeaSide booking for single

janie315

Called my travel agent yesterday to book two double cabins and one single cabin on the MSC SeaSide for April 2018 - 13 months away! My agent could not access a cabin for a "single" on her computer so she called MSC directly - only to hear from MSC directly "we are not releasing any single cabins for that sailing right now"! What does this mean? Are they discriminating against singles? The ship hold over 5,000 passenger so I cannot image that is sold out this early. I tried to do a "fake" booking on several different sites and they will not let you book a cabin for a single! I am a "black" card hold with MSC and never had a problem booking with them before. Has anyone else had a problem booking cabins for a single person on MSC? Thanks for letting me vent! Received this back from MSC regarding this issue:

Hello We see you are just as excited about MSC Seaside as we are! We know that booking a cruise can get pretty anxious, but we do appreciate your patience as we continue to smooth out the final details with all of our staterooms. We encourage you to keep your eyes and ears open, as well as checking back with us, to see when MSC Seaside staterooms become available for solo passengers. Best Regards, MSC Cruises USA

I had the same issue for May 2018 and was told by my travel agent and MSC to book as a double and then no show the 2nd person. I'm not really happy doing that but I've read on these boards of others that have done the same.

Bug - I realize that "singles" do pay a little bit more when cruising alone in a cabin. But why would MSC not even give me a price? I do not want to book for a double and pay port charges twice and take out extra insurance to cancel on of the "fake" passengers. That is not worth all the trouble. It is interesting that others are finding it impossible to book "single" cabin on MSC where so many of the other cruise lines are more accommodating toward singles. We all wanted to try the SeaSide after sailing on the Divina several times. Thank your for sharing your booking experience with me.

My mother has noticed that too, she has had some sailings she wanted to do alone and MSC wouldn't show her any availability. That sadly seemed to happen a lot more, they stated same thing about just not opening singles at that time. I told her to do the booking for 2 people and then cancel one out later. The fee would remain as is, but the taxes should get refunded.

This happens all the time with MSC. I would recommend you call MSC directly. This has worked for me in the past when I could not book through a TA or online with MSC.

I tried this but unfortunately no luck.

Bug - I realize that "singles" do pay a little bit more when cruising alone in a cabin. But why would MSC not even give me a price? I do not want to book for a double and pay port charges twice and take out extra insurance to cancel on of the "fake" passengers. That is not worth all the trouble. It is interesting that others are finding it impossible to book "single" cabin on MSC where so many of the other cruise lines are more accommodating toward singles. We all wanted to try the SeaSide after sailing on the Divina several times. Thank your for sharing your booking experience with me.

I understand and think it's ridiculous also.

We were all talking and the simple solution was the others that have already booked on the Seaside are all canceling their cruise. We have decided to switch to Holland America's newest ship. When I book a cruise I do not want to have to keep "checking back to see if there are any single cabins available" - I want to book the cruise, book air fare & go! What I do not understand with MSC is it is OK that they have 3 or 4 passengers crammed into a cabin but they cannot let a single purchase a cabin without always checking back! Too much work for me.....Booking with MSC is way to stressful. They lost a "black card" member too! Thank you everyone for your feedback!

I'm also looking at the 14 day seaside cruise at end of march 18 and it's annoying. I've just emailed my TA. Last time on the Divina they charged me more and booked 2 people on and then I had to tell MSC that the 2nd passenger was a no show. As a U.K. Passenger I didn't get any taxes refunded to me.

Still I'm excited about this cruise and it'll be my first b2b on my own.

What's your thoughts about having a seaview interior room? On the Divina I had a balcony, I'm going to try a sea view room on this next cruise.