Gift cards and MyVegas question

Haven't used either for RC so I am a bit confused about terms and conditions. Hopefully someone can help with most/all of my questions.

1. With the Gift Cards, these are for new bookings only? So if I wanted to use them for my booking, I would need to get enough to pay in full?

2. With My Vegas rewards, if I have enough for say, $250 OBC, do I need to add that at the time of booking or can that be added on the ship? T&C state that its $250 OBC with the purchase of a RC cruise (new booking only) so I assume I have to redeem before even booking?

3. If my husband and I both have enough for $250 OBC, can we both redeem and both use for our connected booking?

Hopefully these all make sense. Thanks for any help you all can provide!

More inquiring minds want to know. I do know they say on the 'legalese' of myvegas is you can only use OBC for new bookings, must be claimed or used within 30 days and 14 days or some bizarre stuff like that. Does that mean you can only use it if you book and sail within less than a 30 day window?

Any MY Vegas experienced or knowledge experts wanted.

Thanx

Erika

I've pretty much had the myvegas question answered...

BUT regarding the verizon gift cards, I assume if I have $1,000 in GCs and I go to book, I can use all of them at once?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You basically can't do anything with myVegas including booking at the prices listed on the RCI website ... I've yet to find it "worth" it unless they've recently changed how those work.

As for the gift cards ... it depends. RCI has several different types of GCs with different companies that have different redemption rules. Sometimes you have to use a specific agent (or no agent at all) ... about the only way to know for sure would be to call whatever number they give you with the GC and asking what you have to do to use them (and what rates they are off of).

More inquiring minds want to know. I do know they say on the 'legalese' of myvegas is you can only use OBC for new bookings, must be claimed or used within 30 days and 14 days or some bizarre stuff like that. Does that mean you can only use it if you book and sail within less than a 30 day window?

Any MY Vegas experienced or knowledge experts wanted.

Thanx

Erika

I recently booked the cruise Allure 9/17 on RCI website as they were having a special, then I went to my My VEgas and cashed in a 250.00 OBC got a confirmation email. Then another confirmation email with instructions on how to apply to a cruise I explained in my email I had recently booked on RCI directly provided my confirmation number and within 48 hrs got another email with the OBC confirmed to my booking. Now when I logged into look at my cruises I see I can use it to buy things ahead of time like other posters have mentioned. I was pretty excited. Went very smooth.

I used a myVEGAS reward the day we booked our cruise. I "purchased" my OBC reward thru myVEGAS and it gave me the instructions on how to redeem. (It's an email address you have to send your reward number on OBC voucher, reservation number, name, sail date.)

It states one reward per cabin, not per person

I emailed and the following day I had my OBC showing on my account

Super easy!

Awesome!! Good to know about the MVR. I told my husband to quit playing on his account since I have more credits.

As for the GC, if its through Verizon, has anyone used multiple?!