Vista Suite on Diamond??

CherylTN

My TA is holding the vista suite (E730) and the one next to it for me. Anyone know about this room? Should we book it? We have 3 children (11, 9 & 9). This is my first cruise and I'm nervous about picking our room. I was looking for 2 mini suites, but they seem to be booked already for July. Thanks for any help.

Hi Cheryl,

We stayed in E733 on the Diamond last June. It was the other Vista suite, but would be exactly the same one as you are looking at. I'm taking it even with the suite you would still be booking the cabin next to it also. The Vista suite was very nice. We have been in a few Penthouse Suites, but this was the fist Vista. Only major difference in those is just the location. There is so much room in these suites and they are very comfortable. You get all the amenities with the suite which is also nice. One of my favorite things is all the drawer room so you aren't having to cram all your clothes in just a few drawers along with the closet. The back of this ship road quite well we thought. Both my daughter and I do have a tendency to get seasick, but never had a problem, and we did have some rough water.

If you have any specific questions, ask away. But I do think you would be very happy with the cabin. The back deck is large and has teak furniture. There are 2 lounge chairs and a nice round table with 4 chairs.

Hulagirl

• 3 weeks later...

It isn't extremely loud, but you can definitely hear it. When the cabin door is closed though, you don't hear anything. I really enjoy being outside listening to it as it sort of calms you. Basically, it is a nice noise.

Hulagirl

No, it isn't that loud at all. When we had the Vista Suite this last June going to Alaska, I stood back there and shot a lot of video. It definitely isn't that loud at all. Yes, you can hear the the wake, but not that much. Don't let that even stop you from booking an aft room. I find it interesting that someone thought that. We have been aft a couple of times and I have the Grand Suite booked for a couple of ships next year, and it is aft, so the wake wouldn't stop me at all from staying back there.

When I said it isn't extremely loud, I should have said it isn't loud at all. Yes, you do hear it, but not enough to bother you or hinder your hearing anyone on your balcony.

I do hope this helps. You will have a wonderful cruise and love the back of the ship.

Hulagirl

Archived