Social Media App

Oompaland

Has anyone used WhatsApp in the social media package? I downloaded the app to communicate with my dh who isn't joining us. I am wondering how reliable it is. We share the other social apps like Facebook messenger so we would be texting ourselves and not get the notification. Thanks in advance for any/all comments. [emoji854]

We have used WhatsApp with the Social Media package on several cruises. It was great for sending text messages, pictures and short videos. When it didn't work, nothing worked because the ship's internet was acting up or I was at a location where the wifi signal was weak or nonexistent.

The app itself is very reliable. We use it all the time on land to keep up with groups of family and friends.

Hope this helps.

I used it recently on my Vista cruise, and I was also able to make phone calls using the app. There was one day that video calls were a bit spotty but the internet itself was running a bit slow that moment as well. Otherwise, worth the $5 per day to keep in touch with folks back home.

Does the people whom you want to keep in touch with need this app as well? I'm going to assume they do? I have 2 children I would like to check in on while cruising and need to know how to do this without coming home to a terrible cell bill

Sent from my iPhone using Forums