Any RCCL loyal cruise on NCL?

I say book NCL and if RCCL comes out with something you prefer cancel NCL and book RCCL. I think you will never know unless you try. There are so many varying opinions. If you do try NCL just have an open mind and remember that none of the cruise lines are perfect. They each have their own strengths and weaknesses.

I say book NCL and if RCCL comes out with something you prefer cancel NCL and book RCCL.

While that may be good advice, it's always wise to give it with a grain of salt-- I don't know Canadian rules (where the OP is from), but I know that doesn't work for all countries without losing the deposit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are Platinum on NCL. We enjoy them and we are also Diamond Plus on RCCL. I find NCL entertainment better, we just saw a Citrque de Soleis show on the EPIC. ( don't really care for the EPIC). NCL is supposed to be putting these shows on their other large ships. NCL has broadway shows and comedy clubs, but no ice skating show. As of now, NCL is offering drink and dining packages included in their cruise pricing. We usually pick our cruises based on itinerary and dates. We are currently booked on both lines. We like them both.

We cruised on NCL in Alaska for price. There were some things we liked a lot (better breakfast options at buffet; more comfortable beds) and some things we didn't like (comparably less time in ports; ship felt crowded all the time, noisy basketball court location). Overall, the good price and good food made it a great trip. We also cruised on NCL Breakaway out of NYC. Again, there were some things we liked (price, food options, my kids appreciated the lively atmosphere) and a few things we didn't like (felt crowded; activities like bingo and exercise sessons in atrium that carried noise through the ship). Cabins were comparable. Overall, they were an acceptable option.