Paddle Tennis/ Riviera & Marina

RJB

Has anyone used the paddle tennis courts lately? Tried on a sea day a few years ago and the wind across the bow was so strong that the ball blew everywhere. Have they corrected the problem or can the courts only be used on port days. We will be doing a TA and would like to play paddle tennis when at sea.

I have always wanted to play but never found any one to join in , on a sea day or in port .

Wind , tired to explain , "wind apparent" before but it was like flogging a dead horse . So the wind in the court is very much dependant on wind direction in reference to the ships heading.

I have bashed a few balls alone when at sea and thought it was ok , is some respects akin to playing on a rough grass court , some unexpected swerves and curves !!!!!!

On marina 1st may , asked if any one was up for tennis in the roll call, zero response !!!!!

I have always wanted to play but never found any one to join in , on a sea day or in port .

Wind , tired to explain , "wind apparent" before but it was like flogging a dead horse . So the wind in the court is very much dependant on wind direction in reference to the ships heading.

I have bashed a few balls alone when at sea and thought it was ok , is some respects akin to playing on a rough grass court , some unexpected swerves and curves !!!!!!

On marina 1st may , asked if any one was up for tennis in the roll call, zero response !!!!!

Too bad. Played on Regent a few years ago and it was great. Had a bunch of guys who wanted to play. But the court was at the stern of the ship and there was no wind to push the ball around. Tried on Marina last year and on sea days the wind was so strong we could not hit the ball. Doing a T/A later in the year and will try again. Hope for the best. :(