Best way to use a NCL gift card?

volvo geek

We had a open competition at work, and I ended up winning a prize of my choice. So...I picked a NCL gift card of course! 900 dollars!

We have a cruise booked already for November, but not entirely paid for. So I could use it for that, but was thinking I might be able to use it on board for cruise next vouchers or to book another cruise and ultimately double its value.

We WILL be taking a Hawaii cruise in 2019 (currently unbooked) on the Pride of America and was thinking of a suite. We were not planning to cruise in 2018, but now could swayed into doing a cruise.

What would be the best way of using this gift card? Thanks in advance!

Were you interested in purchasing CruiseNext certificates anyway... even without the $900 gift card? If you really would use them, perhaps budget $500 for CN certificates and $400 to your existing reservation.

You seem to have a bunch of spending opportunities with NCL and any way you apply it, the $900 represents cash value to you. CN certificates are really the only "best" way if your goal is to maximize the value of the $900... otherwise it's just cash.

Hell... take the whole nine-hundey and and drop it on a 2018 trip... personally, that's probably what I would do.

It's free money... follow your heart.

Although tempting to book another cruise for 18', I'd rather apply it to the Hawaii cruise in 19'.

I wish there was incentive to book early, but clearly there is not. The 2019 cruise prices are more expensive and have less perks.

Should I book through NCL or on the ship, and then call them every time the price drops/perks are added?